RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

I play Dream Theater songs, John Petrucci, Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani and the guitar copes with every playing style you could think of. I play it with a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a DigiTech GNX3000. the pickups are basically good but I would recommend changing it to DiMarzio or EMG's so you could get the guitars full potential. Other than that, it sounds great.

I have been playing for 9 years now and so far this guitar is my fave. I have a Fender Strat, a Parker Nite Fly and a MusicMan John Petrucci and so far, nothing beats its thin and fast neck. If was stolen I would definitely buy another. I love the neck, the sound, the trem, it's awesome. Although I could wish it only had a H/H configuration and a 3-way switch just like my Petrucci model. So far, This guitar is great. Price is not too expensive but the features a rich. Go get one and try it yourself. You'll definitely like it.

The guitar is durable and will withstand a live gig, though I would have a backup guitar just incase the strings break 'cause I tend to use the whammy a lot. Strap buttons are tight. The finish is excellent, it doesn't scratch easily and is smooth.

The setup was good but not great. The action is low so it plays fast. But I had to adjust the intonation a little bit 'cause it's kinda sharp when fretted. Fret wires are in good shape, although I had the pickups change to air norton in neck, and tone zone in the bridge and now it sound even better. Other than that it didn't have any other flaws. The paint is awesome. It changes color in diffrent lighting from black to blue to a bit greenish blue.

Mine was made in 2005. It was made by Team J. Craft in Japan. It has a 24 jumbo frets and the fretboard is made from rosewood, the neck is maple. The body is basswood so its light. It has a edge pro trem and has a H/S/H pickups. The neck for me is awesome, it's thin so you could shred anywhere the fretboard. Also you can reach the higher frets easily 'cause of its all access neck joint. It has a Gotoh tuners and has a cosmo black color that matches the trem and the knobs. It come with 1 volume, 1 tone knob and a 5-way switch. Case is included and is a Team J. Craft custom hardcase.

Mahoru
    Sorry, it was a mistake: its pickups are made in USA, not the guitar itself. And korinaflyingv, you don't need to call me this way to make me realize you're the one who really is
    TJM2482
    Good reviews, i've heard only good things about this guitar. The only thing I have left to decide is which color to get
    lotusfeet04
    I bought this guitar at Sam Ash for $699 and it is awesome. The tone is great, easily compared to a JEM or JS model. The tremelo is flawless, and the neck is super fast. Best guitar I have ever played. And TJM2482, you should get a Mirage Red model. It's beautiful!