RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I have a different style of music than most, which I call alternative electrabletal. I play a lot of Vai, Satch, Johnson, Hammett, SRV, Page, Reid, Weiner, VH, and Atkins, and this guitar fits perfectly. I play it through a Custom Crate 212 120W amp, and I use a Boss DS-1 and DigiTech DS-7 distortion pedal. The guitar had a slight buzz when I first recieved it, but was easily fixed by lowering the pickups. On the brige pickup, the tone is similar to a Strat or Les Paul, the single-coil pickup has a warm tone of its own, and the neck pickup has almost endless sustain and sounds like a DiMarzio Evolution. This guitar can get any sound you want it to.

This guitar is perfect for my style. I have been playing for almost two years, and this guitar will stay with me forever. I also own two other Ibanez guitars, one Epiphone s900, and a Jackson RR. I have no regrets on buying it, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat were it lost/damaged/stolen. I love everything about it, and the only thing I dislike about it is not being able to keep it clean! The pickups are the best thing about this guitar. I compared this guitar to a Steve Vai JEM and got pretty damn close. I chose this one because it was obviously cheaper but none less impressive. I only wish it had a Fernandes Sustainer, but I might buy another one just for that reason.

This guitar is perfect for gigs, very tough. The hardware seems and appears to be strong, however I saw the same locking nut on a Steve Vai Bad Horsie guitar and it was rusted. The strap buttons are solid, and the finish withstands my rough playing. I would never need a backup for this guitar.

When I got it, the intonation was not set, but is easily fixed. The action was perfect, the pickups were a little too close for me, and the top was exactly as I saw it on the internet. The bridge was routed perfectly, and there were absolutely no flaws on it.

My particular RG 1570 was made in 2006 in Japan, by Team J Craft. The guitar is awesome, Wizard neck, 24 frets, Jumbo Frets, Basswood body, Ibanez V8, S1, and V7 pickups, and a wonderful Edge Pro tremelo. The guitar has a mirage red top with a color-changing sparkle. 5-way pickup selector and a volume and tone knob. The tuners are Gotoh. This guitar has a locking nut, and it never comes out of tune, no matter how the whammy bar is used.

Triviumfan54
    dude you should have bought this, it rocks. run this through a Line6 Spider 30 and youll know what i mean!