RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

Purchased from: Local Store

I mainly play Steve Vai and Satch stuff. I like to play a bit of metal here and there, some blues. And I can tell you that this guitar suits all my styles. It is very versatile, and the clean sound is great too. I'm using a Marshall 50 watt amp, and when I'm in the mood, I plug in my DigiTech Death Metal distorsion pedal. This guitar has a low feedback, even with maximum distortion, the guitar still cuts through. This guitar can play anything, unlike the Jackson I have which can only play metal, and my other Fender Strat which when added the distortion, begins to hum.

I've been playing for about 4 years now, and this is my favourite guitar from the ones I have. If it was stolen, I'd sell my other guitars to buy it again. The sound is close to a JEM, it's ideal for Steve Vai lovers who don't afforrd a JEM. I've been playing for about 4 years now, and this is my favourite guitar from the ones I have. If it was stolen, I'd sell my other guitars to buy it again. The sound is close to a JEM, it's ideal for Steve Vai lovers who don't afforrd a JEM.

This guitar is a rock. I've had it for over a year now and it really is like Brand New. I would definitly go to a gig without backup. The strap buttons are very solid. I'm telling you, If you take care of this guitar, it will laast a lifetime. This guitar is a rock. I've had it for over a year now and it really is like brand new. I would definitly go to a gig without backup. The strap buttons are very solid. I'm telling you, If you take care of this guitar, it will laast a lifetime.

When I got this guitar, the action was very low, though the sound was still clean. You can shred as fast as hell with this guitar due to it's ultra thin neck. The pickups are a bit loose, but don't worry, they won't fall off. Other than that it had no scratches or flaws what'soever.

My RG 1570 was made in 2005 in Japan, by Team J Craft. The guitar is awesome, Wizard neck, 24 Jumbo Frets, Basswood body, Ibanez V8, S1, and V7 pickups, and a wonderful Edge Pro tremelo. The guitar has a mirage blue top with a color-changing sparkle. 5-way pickup selector and a volume and tone knob. The tuners are Gotoh. This guitar has a locking nut, and it rarely comes out of tune, no matter how much the whammy bar is used. I had a hard case made by team J craft when I bought this.

Godly Moose
    Wolverin wrote: You know what all ibanez sound pretty good and this isn't an exception.Unfortunately this like all other ibanez has a f---ing stupid bridge.You cant rest your wrist on the bridge because the strings get detuned if you do so.Tell me is it possible to play hours long solos without resting wrist on the bridge.That would be painful. I would rather want a fixed bridge like that of a Fender Strat on this Guitar.
    Learn to not anchor then. I can play hours without my wrist or fingers touching the body, or bridge.
    Triviumfan54
    actually i have this guitar, and it is possible to play long solos and various other parts without the bridge detuning itself, although i does have a tendancy to do so sometimes. you get what you buy and i'm not complaining now that i've got this.
    Anathema07
    emokiller17
    Anathema07 wrote: About this whole "resting your wrist on the bridge" thing, I have a question. I am guilty of resting my wrist on the bridge whenever I'm playing faster bits, however I don't press down extremely hard. Is the detuning thing a common problem? (I wouldn't know as both of my guitars have fixed bridges). Also is it just with Ibanez's Edge Pro tremolos, or do Floyds have the same problem? I have played a couple of guitars with FR tremolos and I never had such a problem. However, I only played those guitars for a short amount of time, seeing as they weren't mine. I've been saving up to buy a guitar with a floating tremolo, and it would be useful to know what I'm getting myself into.
    yeh im thinkin about that too.
    Alan2112
    I recently purchased this guitar and i have to say it's an excellent guitat for the price.I love the finish,it's not as bright as i was lead to believe and most of the time it looks black.The only thing i would change is the pickups.I have the blue one and i am seriously thinking about getting the red one. No problem with the "resting your wrist on the bridge" thing.Don't see how it would be,wouldn't have my hand that far down.
    Wolverin