RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

The RG1570 sounds amazing. I run it through a Yamaha DG80 112 amplifier, and MAN, I couldn't be happier. I can get some really great Van Halen style tones with the combination of this guitar and amp, as well as many other sounds. I mostly play rock and punk music, and kinda "pop-punk" or whatever (think Sum 41 and Fall Out Boy combined), and this guitar works for all of that. And running it clean, it delivers just as well. I like to set the amp on a nice clean channel, and set the Switch on the guitar so that it uses the bridge humbucker and middle single-coil pickup at the same time. You get a really unique tone if you use that combination of pickups, one that I personally really like. The variety of sounds this guitar can make is endless. Use the bridge humbucker for a harder tone, whether it be clean or distorted, or use combinations of the other pickups for different sounds. Experiment all you want with the pickups and your amp, and you'll find a sound you can't resist. As for the stock pickups, they are pretty good sounding. Just DiMarzio IBZ pickups. I haven't replaced them yet, but I probably will, just for the hell of it. They get great sound and it's totally fine, but depending on your personal preferences, you might want to change them to something more suiting to you.

Overall, this guitar is just amazing. It covers pretty much any style of music you want it to. I've been playing for 6 and a half years, and this is my favorite guitar I've ever played. Highly, highly recommended for anyone Who wants to rock. And if you aren't a rocker, but you want the locking bridge system, this guitar would work for you too.

The RG1570 is a very solid piece of equipment that would definitely stand up to Live playing no problem. Due to it's tremolo system, I would bring a fixed bridge backup guitar with in case you break a string, because replacing a string on this guitar can take a few minutes. And that's the only reason you would really need a backup, is just to save time if you Busted a string. This guitar is just so good, and it can cover pretty much any style of music, so you probably would never even have to Switch guitars if you didn't want to. This guitar is of extremely high quality and is among the highest quality Ibanez offers. The hardware should last a really really long time, due to the high quality hardened metal on the bridge and other stuff like that. The finish will probably last forever as long as you don't abuse it. Nothing really bad about the guitar in this area at all.

I hate it when people downgrade the guitar because it wasn't set up properly or whatever when they bought it. Look man, if you're a serious guitarist, just read on the internet and learn how to adjust action, intonation, bridge height, all that sort of stuff. I totally tweak and adjust my guitar all on my own, and I'm only 15 years old. If I can handle it, anyone can. As for the finish, it's awesome. I have the Mirage Blue version of the guitar, which is what most people have. The guitar can look black, very dark blue, bluish-green, or a combination of all three, sorta. You'd kinda have to see it in real life. The pictures on the online stores are a little misleading, because the finish on the guitar isn't nearly as bright as it is in the pictures. It's a much darker blue, and I've never had the guitar in any lighting condition that made it such a light color that it looked like it does in the pictures. The finish seems well applied and thick. It doesn't scratch very easily. I've only put 2 very very minor scratches on the guitar that you can only see when you angle it right, and they are on the back of the guitar anyways. Probably just from rubbing on one of those button things on my jeans or something, Who knows. But yeah, the finish is just great. Some people were worried about it looking too "snazzy" or something, but I don't think it does. It's not like some sort of Ultra-cool flashy thing. It just gently and slightly changes colors depending on how light hits it.

I just bought this guitar a little over a month ago after doing tons of research to figure out the perfect guitar for me to buy. All I have to say is that this guitar is amazing! This guitar has loads of cool features. It has the extremely thin Prestige Wizard neck on it, which is seriously the most comfortable and fast neck I've ever played. And my friends Who have tried the guitar say the neck is the best they have ever felt. It also has the Edge Pro double locking tremolo system, which works like a charm. The guitar stays in tune no matter what, as long as you properly stretch the strings when you change them. If you don't like floating bridges, don't buy this guitar. A lot of people complain that this guitar will sound out of tune if they rest their hand on the bridge well no duh! As long as you know how to properly play a guitar that has a floating bridge, you will have no problem with this guitar. It's perfect.

mn8b
    mxh wrote: can you get this wih EMGs?
    probably not stock, but you could put them in yourself. to everyone else, im having trouble deciding between the 2550 and this one. any input?
    Breed85
    mn8b
    Breed85 wrote: The 2550 has superior stock Pickups, a pickguard and sharktooth inlays. The Dimarzio/IBZ are USA made Dimarzios which are made exclusively for Ibanez guitars. The bridge pup is said to be a cross between a steve morse (DP200) and super distortion (DP100) dimarzio pups and so on (check dimarzio.com faq) Some say the 2550 has a better build quality with better selected woods etc. The rest is down to aesthetics.
    yeah. i like the 1570s paintjob but at the same time i think its too flashy for the music i play (more metal, technical stuff)