RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

Purchased from: www.Gak.co.uk

I mainly play Metal and together with a high gain amp I have found a nice tone. It is perfect for fast solos, squealing harmonics and divebombs. The neck pickup has a nice full warm sounding tone perfect for sweeping those arpeggios and the single coil is great for clean sounds. You can also mix the Single coil with neck/bridge pickup. This guitar would suit any style whether it be metal, rock, blues, jazz, funk, you name it and it will probably do it.

If it were stolen I would definately buy another if I could afford it. I've been playing around 6 years. I can honestly say I love this guitar. I bought this product without playing it on the internet (as I'm a lefty). I had never played an Ibanez before but soon as I picked it up it jsut felt perfect like it was custom built for me.

I've played live with this guitar on many occassions without a backup. The hardware seems of high quality. Your strap won't be coming loose half way through your set due to the size of them and they are firmly stuck in the body. I think the finish will last but the hardware may fade over a long period of time, as with most guitars played a lot.

The guitar came to me with a reasonable set up. I only adjusted the trem when I changed string gauge. Pickup height was good. I've had this guitar for a year now and the only problems I have had is the pickup selector knob falling off, that was easily fixed though. The volume tone has completely faded unlike the tone control as I use the volume control more. I don't think this is due to cheap hardware but me having more acidic sweat than normal as my guitar strings corrode after around 4 hours of playing even with wiping down. As with all Ibanez RG's, the coating of paint on the body is quite thin so it can easily be chipped, if you take care you should avoid this.

Ibanez RG1570 made by Team J Craft in Japan. Easy access to all 24 frets due to deep cutaways on the body which not only allow for easier accesibiilty to all frets they also look really cool. The neck is a 5 piece Wizard Prestige, one of the thinnest Ibanez do. The fretboard is Rosewood with jumbo frets so it is easy to bend strings. The body is made from Basswood which works well with distortion and also gives a nice clean tone. It has a unique mirage blue finish giving the guitar a sparkly look which appears to change from black to blue in differernt lighting conditions. The bridge is an Edge Pro which are said to be the best double locking trems in the world, and I would agree. It ahs a H/S/H configuration making it very versatile. If you play a lot of metal I would say you would benefit by upgrading the bridge pickup to something with a higher output. There is one volume and one tone pot with a 5 way switcher. Locking tuners are Gotoh. Hard case was included with accessory bag including allen keys and washers for trem arm.

troykeenan
    would this guitar be good for playing muse-type songs? i'm usually an sg player so how does it compare to the epi sg400 sound- and feel-wise?