RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

I play a lot of heavy music, metal, hardcore, punk and grunge. At the moment I am playing it through my Korg AX3000 and Hiwatt 100watt combo, not the best setup in the world I know the new amp is on it's way when I get my christmas over time. However, I have played it through a full valve Laney and it was very good indeed. Pickup terms I tend to keep it in bridge postion however in solos some of the other configerations are good to play around with. However the only downside which many other people have mentioned is the pickups, they aren't bad but they could be a little better for the price you are paying for this, however this is easily sorted, I shall do this once I am sorted with a nice new full valve amp.

This deffinatly works for the music I play, only thing I wish it had would be better pickups, but that's in line to be changed. If it were stolen from me I would deffinatly get another or higher range model but certainly nothing bellow this model. All in all, great guitar and plays like a dream. I'd also like to mention this is my first review on here. if any one has any issues or advice etc on how to make a review better, just message me, cheers.

I believe I have played this guitar at around 10 gigs now. I only ever had one problem with it and that was a string breaking half way through a song! not much can be helped with that. People sometimes say you don't need to gig with a backup guitar but for this reason you do, esspecially with a guitar with a floating bridge as it's gunna take a couple of minutes to set up. So the guys kept playing, I grabbed my half step guitar, tuned it up to drop d and came back in ready for my solo. Easy.

For the strings it had on (which I believe are 9s) it was set up perfectly, however, I like slightly thicker strings, so after much fiddling around with the floating trem and an extra spring it was sorted and still plays a dream! Other than that no other flaws, just set the pick up heights to how I saw fit.

This particular Ibanez comes from the Prestige range. It's a 24 fret beast with an Edge Pro floating trem. I got the mirage red finish, a finish very different from many that I have seen, although it's known as red it seems to also have hints of other colours as the light shines on it. The RG1570 has a pickup combination of H/S/H. The pickup selection is 5-way, giving different combinations and very different sounds. First is bridge position, next is the top coil of the bridge humbucker with the middle coil, next is just the middle single coil pick ups, next is the middle single coil with the botton coil of the neck pick up and last is the neck humbucker. Then one mater volume control and one tone.

RooZ
    I bought my guitar today in mirage red. Awsome color and guitar!
    Doddington
    Someone please tell me which colour to buy, it would be very helpful. From the pictures the Red is the only good looking colour (plus im sick of black guitars ive had enough to get bored) And the Mirage Blue just looks like a dodgy guitar that has sparkles thrown all over it. Anyone have high quality pictures? Thanks.
    Fzau
    Thanks. I got the Line 6 Spider III 30watt too Lovely sound, and even more with a Line 6 PodXTLive
    Metalic Demon
    Get the rg1570 and an amp that has a smooth clean, a real crunchy O/D and a realy ****ed up distortion and all the other settings and you should be able to play all these types. i got a cort x6 and a line six spider 30watt (yeah only 30, i got no cash) and the sound is imense - and realy warm and smooth on clean.
    Robert734
    ok so i am thinking about geting this guitar, it looks sweet and all the revews look good.
    4d5e6f wrote: This guitar is a 3 piece neck, but trust me, it's still QUITE nice.
    its a 5 piece or at least the new ones are.
    convictionless
    i own this, buy the swede black one unless you want a sparkly one then dont but if your playing metal get the black one its easier to clean, the red one (i have) gets dirty easy, after a gig i actually felt where my arm was cause the sweat dried up on the guitar. also when i palm mute i have no problems what so ever its techniqe not the guitar you retards.
    hiljaisuudesta
    Question; Well,i am playing electro guitar for over 6 years.Never had an ibanez before,but i know some series of them suit my style,which is called blackened-death,perfect. I like the overall of this guitar,but my question is for all those who listen to blackened-death like stuff(dissection,belphegor,melodic death),should i buy this one or,any other in S series?İs there anyone here who played both?
    Metalic Demon
    Xzen wrote: How does this guitar to the Schecter Synyster guitar? if anyone has both? ~Thanks
    sorry, not sure about that - i dont have both
    eeL
    got the 1570 few days ago, best gat ive played IMO
    Fzau
    I'm playing almost a year now with a Squier Strat and considering to buy a better guitar (duh). The only problem I have is not being able to choose between an Ibanez S520EX and this Ibanez RG1570. I'm looking for a versatile guitar that can play bluesy stuff, clean stuff but mostly metal and deathmetal. Anyone who has experience with these guitars?
    Fzau
    I'm playing almost a year now with a Squier Strat and considering to buy a much better guitar (duh). I just can't make up my mind: "should I buy an Ibanez S520EX (a real beast btw)or an Ibanez RG1570 ??". I mostly play metal (Metallica, Megadeth) but also deathmetal (Ensiferum,...) and some metalcore. That's not all, I also play bluesy things and nice clean songs. You could say I'm searching for a versatile guitar But it needs to have that extra bit of punch (gain & sustain). Anyone with experiences with these ?
    Xzen
    The S470 is made in korea and the checks arent as good there and often the quality is poor. Best place ibanez guitars are made is japan and thats where the RG1570 is made
    eeL
    I'm having a hard time choosing between the Ibanez S470 and this RG1570 - any opinions?
    Metalic Demon
    im thinking anout getting this guitar, either this, a cort EVL X4, a bc rich warbeast or a les paul, i play metal - any preferances onto what i should get
    Xzen