RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

The overall sound of the guitar is decent. There are several guitars that have a better sound, but my guitar suit's my music style. I normally stick to metal and alternative styles, so generally it will have a distorted sound. The pickups alone can produce a distortion. I use an Ibanez amp along with several effect pedals to create the loud, screaming sound that I like. The one thing that I wish I could do is create that crunchy, distorted sound found in some bands. My guitar is not capable of producing it. But the pickups can also create a very rich sound if switched to the front ones. As for overall variety of sound, there are quite a few sounds that it can produce, but there are still many more that it can't.

I've been playing for about ten months and stick mainly to playing metal. The overall style of the guitar suit's my mood and playing. The finish just has that "I'm ready to shred" look to it. So it suit's me. I use several effect pedals along with the guitar, so it can create the sound that I want from it. If it was to be lost, I would try to get it back or by another exactly like it. But it would still never be the same as the original. I love everything about it, no question, and can't find anything to hate about it. This guitar was made for me and I liked it better than any other guitars that I looked at.

The guitar is extremely durable and can withstand abuse. Mine has been dropped several times with no damage to the body or hardware. It will withstand Live performances easily. The strap buttons are solid with no trouble. The guitar is extremely dependable. It stays in tune really well and there have never been any problems with it. I play alot, and the guitar has no pick guard, but I have had no problems with the finish. There are a few light scratches, but other that that, nothing else caused by picking.

When the guitar was purchased, it was set up fairly well. There was a slight buzz on the lower E string, but nothing that couldn't be fixed easily. Other that that, the action was great. You barely have to touch the strings to play. The pickups were fine, no problem there, and the top was matched perfectly. The only bad thing is that when I got the guitar, there were some flaws in the finish. Not from the factory, but from shipment. There were some light scratches in it and one bad chip in the body, but everything else was fine with it.

My guitar is a prestige Rg made in Malaysia. I paid about $1400 for it, but it was deffinately worth it. It has the five-piece wizard neck with a maple fretboard and twenty four jumbo frets. The guitar itself is made out of mahagony with a chameleon color blue finish called mirage blue. All of the hardware is chrome, including the whammy bar. There are volume and tone knobs in a black finish along with a 5-way selector. The guitar came special made with DiMarzio pickups. Along with the guitar, I bought an Ibanez deluxe hardshell case, distortion pedal, and amp. Also a set of Danelectro effect pedals.

Lithium_Debator
    stompbox wrote: no not at allkool98769 wrote: Hey, whats the access to the upper frets like?(frets 22-24). Also, i have heard from a friend that a few of the upper frets are scalloped. Is this true? Thanks
    This is not true, none of the frets, including 22-24 are scalloped on any of the wizard necks. scalloping is completely unnecessary with a neck as thin as a wizard.
    Lithium_Debator
    4d5e6f wrote: This guitar is a 3 piece neck, but trust me, it's still QUITE nice.
    The wizard neck on this particular model of the RG guitar is actually a 5 piece, three maple, and two mahogany, and is as solid as steel, and straight as an arrow. between the neck and the bridge, this guitar is outstanding.
    Bob_Sagget
    jayeshrc wrote: its like pushing a door... you push at the hinge, nothing happens. you push further away (ie. closer to the edge) it moves...
    LMAO!!! Thats Fukin' hilarious!!!!! Wait what if the door is locked!?!? AHHHHH!!!