RG1570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1570

Price paid: C$ 650

Purchased from: Kijiji

I put a Bare Knuckle Aftermath set into this guitar. I used it for thrash metal, groove and hard rock. It sounded great, the bridge pickup provided amazing clarity and definition through any effects or distortion unparalleled by any pickup I have used. Huge bite and effortless harmonics. Really tight pickup with a great growl perfect for thrash. The neck pickup was far too bright for my liking, but roll the tone down and it played sweet leads which like the bridge were very clear and defined. The guitar itself was very well balanced, good resonance and pretty good sustain. The stock pickups were noisy and lacking character. The bridge sounded tinny and was fairly muddy. I played it through a Blackstar HT-5 and a POD X3. Effects were a crybaby and an OD, and the multitude of pod effects.

I've been playing for 6 years. I also have an RG370DX, RG470 and a J-Custom RG8570. This guitar suited my needs perfectly after the pickup swap. I actually just sold it and will not be replacing it. The J-Custom filled the void and more. Favorite feature was the edge pro. Best tremolo bridge I have ever used! I did not like the color, blue sparkles on black, but it grew on me. Best guitar I've ever played in the price range (new or used price). I'd give it a 10, but the stock pickups are weak, I hate dot inlays and it was trumped by my 10 of a J-Custom.

This guitar is a freaking brick. Nothing ever went awry and I actually had the same strings on it for a full year. Still had fine tuning space left, but the strings were dead. Stock parts were quality, never saw a need to replace anything beside the pickups. Poly finish will last forever. I would trust to gig this without a backup because even with crazy trem abuse I never broke a string. Strap buttons are huge and really didn't need locks.

I bought the guitar used. Setup was pretty good, I lowered the action a bit but otherwise was great. No flaws to be found beside a few dings from the original owner. Fretwork was great and well finished.

2008 made in Japan RG1570 Prestige in midnight blue. - 24 frets 25.5 scale on rosewood board with dot inlays. - 5 piece maple/walnut wizard prestige aanj bolt on neck. - Basswood body, poly finish. - Edge Pro tremolo bridge. - Gotoh tuning machines. - H/s/h with one vol, one tone and a 5 way switch.