RG170 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG170

Purchased from: Super Pawn

I'm a female guitar player, so I tend to like my Dean Martin acoustic electric. However this lil guitar rocks. It's pickups are able to give that ew de crange that be bip beyaw or wara feed back solo that takes ya back to Jimmie if ya know what I mean. Even for Santana solos; it made me sound good. I later found out the RG in any series means rock guitar. Totally true. I can't believe I found her in a pawn shop in new condition, with accessories!

Only thing I had a problem with was my daughter's friend came over and decided to be a rocker. She chipped a peice of the finish. I retaliated by getting a bottle of her cobalt blue sally hansen hards as nails and used it for the touch up. Keep it away from kids! use a shell case is better. Strap buttons are iron clad with even lil felt around them not to scratch finish. I could probably sell this guitar for $300 min right now.

Action easy, strings close to jumbo frets; easy to play. Pickups are mighty nice. With two set basey and the other 2 a richer mid-range and the middle is your high harmonics. Whew!

- Made in Indonesia - 25 jumbo frets - Cobalt blue finish with gloss - Strat styling - String thru body - Two dials: 1 volume, 1 bass/treble 1 toggle - 5 Pickups: 2 on each side of the solo pickup - Grover machine heads