RG170 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG170

This guitar is one that can handle it all. But my kind of music is punk/classic rock/weird mixture and other genres. My favorite bands are Blink 182, Sum 41, MxPx, NFG, Led Zepplin and a few others. I use it along with my Epiphone on a Fender Champion amp 30 watt. It doesn't give me any feedback and no pickup over powers another, works great with all my effects ex. tremolo, flange, and vibrato. Lots of variety, I preferabley like it on the treble pickup because it is so bright and suits the punk style.

My style of music is punk/punk rock/classic rock and other stuff but no metal I hate metal. I've been playing 2.5 years and three this summer. If you mean guitars and amps I also have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Fender Champion amp (working on either a Marshall DSL or any thing that sounds good for all types of rock). I wish I had asked where to get a Tom DeLonge Fender Strat surf green. And also I was ask if it sounds good on a Marshall. If it were lost or stolen I would track down the bastard who stole it and smash his face into a car door, and buy it again. There is nothing I hate about it except it gets dirty and it's hard to clean around open coil pickups. What I love about it is you can play really low and rip power chords great. I wish they had more colors to choose from all I saw was jewel blue (mine) and black. It isn't a professional instrument but it's great for someone who wants some great sounds from a great guitar.

This guitar is reliable, I haven't played live yet because I don't have a drummer but I'm positive it doesn't need a back up. The hardware kicks ass it is in perfect condition. The strap buttons must be like welded on there because they are super solid, even though I play really low like Tom DeLonge. The finish will last as long as you wipe it down and dont just throw it on the stand with the heat up and leave it for dust to gather. So this is a good finish.

I've never had a set up done but it is already great, so if you get it set up it my be 5times better. The pickups are in perfect height noneed for lowering or highering. The only flaw is when I got it I noticed finish was gone by the top cut in but it doesn't really bother me. The nut isn't really bad but it needs to be moved over from time to time.