RG170 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG170

Purchased from: Mega Music

I play mostly metal, and rock type music and it does it really well. I run it through a Fender FM65R amp. It can be noisy at times with a of of gain and volume, but not really any more than usual. It is really versatle and is a really great guitar! Really good cleans because of the H/S/H configuration.

It is a great match for what I play - all types of metal, and some cleans stuff as well. I own a FM65R amp, an Epiphone LP Special II, and am soon receiving my BC Rich set-neck deluxe model warlock. I have been playing for just over a year now, and this guitar has stayed with me the whole time! I have no problems with this guitar at all. My LP does sound a bit punchier through disortion, but thats nothing much. I would defintirly recommend this to anyone as a fist guitar. It has everything you need! If it were lost or stolen I would consider a higher model in the RG range, but as a first guitar, there is nothing else I would recommedn as highly as this! The tremelo is awesome for learning on and the pickups get the job done. This guitar is excellent value and I would recommedn it to anyone looking for a first or maybe a second guitar!

This guitar is awesome! I would defintiely use it wthout a backup guitar! Strap buttons are solid, and the hardware is chrome, and wil last for ages. Haven't had one problem with the finish - still glossy and bright. I haven't changed the strings in over a year and it still holds its tune really well, (and I play alot).

Had a nice low action when I bought it. As I have progressed the neck just seems to get faster and faster. Pickups and everything was standar, and I had no problems with it! The only problem I have ever had with the guitar was that the jack broke and had to be replaced and resoldered with a new one. Really comfortable to play and is very light.

Everyone before me has already mentioned the specs, but I'll give you mine anyway. Mine was made in 2004, basswood body, rosewood fretboard, floating Trem, 2 humbuckers, 1 single coil, blue gloss finish. Solid top, gloss finish. Strat style body, all one colour. All passive pick-ups, one volume, one tone control. Has a an H/S/H configuration. I got mine with a bag, a lead and some picks.

PyroPlegic
    ibanez has a great range of guitars for those players on a budget.the RG170 is an example of one of these great guitars.