RG1XXV review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG1XXV

Purchased from: gak

I'm not the kind of player that rips stock pups out of new guitars without giving them a fair test (after all if Fender or whoever saw fit to put them on the guitar then they must be ok) and the Ibz DiMarzio pups are better than ok. I have owned the lot, from real PRS's to Gibson and Jackson usa models and where these might excel in certain areas they come up short in another. The HSH Ibz's offer a good range of tones for all styles and this ain't a 1000 plus guitar.

I mainly play rock and metal but this guitar CAN do it all. I use it through a Blackstar I'd 30 tvp and the number of quality settings/tones is huge. I have never loved a guitar so much... Ever! When you see a certain guitar and you get that "omg I need it" feeling! Well if you add dribbling and the attempted mugging of pensioners then that's close to what I would've done to get this. So if you get a similar feeling you know what to do :) Awesome awesomeness, just need some new Bermuda shorts now!

Really well made with good solid hardware. This will take a few whacks and bangs without much trouble if you are going to use it live.

Best area for this guitar. The neck is smooth and fast and this one is set up a dream. The frets weren't sharp like on my cheaper RG2XXV but it has the same trem which is annoying as it cost twice as much.

This has everything you really could need in one guitar. The Ibz DiMarzio H/S/H combination offers up a number of good tones no matter what style you play and the titanium re-enforced neck keeps tuning Ultra stable. Also present is the new adjustment system for the tremolo which in my opinion is just awesome. I avoided guitars with double locking trems until I saw this fantastic invention.

LastHorizon82
    UPDATE: After my review of the rg1xxv (above) the connection in the neutrik barrel jack became loose and cut out a lot. This cannot be adjusted due to the design of the neutrik jack, so must be replaced one guy on a forum is on jack number 4...great!
    durankrista
    I plan on getting the Ibanez RG1XXV or the ESP LTD MH-1000 Deluxe. I started out with an Ibanez gax70. I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about ESP. I like to play metal, rock, and blues. We don't have those models in my country so my uncle who's a musician, will buy it for me in the U.S. Do you guys have any recommendations? What should I get? I have really small hands..like an 11 yr old.