RG220B review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Ibanez: RG220B

This guitar plays most of my music styles(Rock,Punk,Blues). The sound coming out of the bridge p/u is bright and punchy, Great for Rock and Punk styles. The neck p/u is really bassy and has a bluesy sound. This guitar is pretty versital, the sound can range anywhere from a soft clean tone, to a headbanging crunchy tone. I use it with an old Peavey Classic amp(2 speakers/212 watts) and it sounds great.

This guitar is just like your average cheap guitar. At the time, it was the best thing in my price range. I would not really recommmend this guitar to an experienced player but it is fine as a beginners guitar. It has all the features you need for a good rock guitar but doesn't have the durabilty to withstand some of the hardest bangs and pick shreddings overtime from the user.

This guitar keeps up pretty well but after a few years of agressive playing, the P/u's tone has gone down the drain. It no longer sounds the same as it did when i first bought it. The Floyd Rose Trem has gone wack, I have to adjust it all the time. The locking nuts never lock, so the guitar comes out of tune all the time. I've gigged this guitar a few times but would definately have a backup.

When I first recieved this guitar, I though it was the coolest guitar in the world. Everything seemed to work really good, the floyd rose never had to be adjusted and I was very impressed with this guitar the first year.

This is a 2000 model, that I've been playing for a few years now. It was made in Korea, not Japan or America. It has 24 jumbo sized frets that can be easily used for both people with smaller and bigger(me)hands. It comes complete with two Ibanez Humbuckers, A 3-way selector, A licensed Floyd Rose trem, locking nut, and some pretty good machine heads. All electronics are passive unless upgraded. Has a super Strat style body that looks like and feels like most of the other higher classed Ibanez RG's.