RG220B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG220B

Purchased from: Played My Friend's

I don't really have a style yet, I'm just learning to play guitar, used no effects with it, but it did have a full sound, much better than any of the Strats I've heard. Sounds we got out of it ranged from Neil Young to AC/DC so I think that's a nice variety there.

I played a lot of music on it, ranging from Neil Young to Deep Purple, to Green Day, to AC/DC and it sounded good playing all of it. What I really liked was just the whole setup, the ability to fine tune, the quality of the tremelo, the overall quality, the only thing I hated was that it wasn't mine.

The guitar seemed very good, like it could last through a lot, I think I could depend on it more than other guitars I've played. The finish seems like it will last, if anything, the gloss could use a little wearing down.

The guitar did not seem to have any flaws, and the action was pretty good, my friend and I did not have to make any adjustments to the truss rod. The pickups seemed very good, it seemed a very good guitar all together.

I played a 2003 Ibanez RG220B owned by a friend. It's a 24 fret electric guitar with a floyd rose style tremelo, it has volume, tone and 3-way pickup controls. It's a solid body electric with 2 sets of Powersound humbucking pickups, and has locking tuners with fine tuners on the tremelo, the pickups can be played both isolated and together.