RG220B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG220B

I play shred, metal, blues and rock. I am impressed with the guitar many style ability. The pickups are crap. I'm replacing them this weekend. They dont sustain well at all and just dont sound great. I'm playing through no name amp with amazing clean, but horrible gains, so I added a distortin pedal. I'm very pleased with my clean tones, but sometime the distortion that I get won't let the strings come through. The Edge 2 works well, once you've found your sweet spot.

Overall impression is that I will soon have a quality guitar together after modding it. It's strong and hearty and sounds pretty good. I hoe you'll all consider muying this guitar!

With new pickups I may gig with it, but otherwise I would fear using it at a gig. It's reliable but everything changes underneath the lights and near the people.

Came well set from the factory, but the trem needs to be set up proberly after you buy it. This is my second 220B, because I ripped apart the first, by doing many dive bombs. MY new one holds up well. Good action, no flaws but on the headstock. It has an odd peice of wood that doesnt match the rest. The finish is great.

This guitar was bought from guitar center, brand new. It has 24 frets and master and tone controls. It is rather cheap, but good for it's price. Has an Edge Pro 2.