RG220B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG220B

Purchased from: music store

I played metal, All That Remains, Dragonforce music mainly. I use a Peavey studio pro112 combo, with DigiTech metal distortion. Its got a pretty bright sound very good for metal. I strived for the Dragonforce tone with this guitar mainly and I came pretty close to it, you might need some different pickups to achieve the same resonance they get but this guitar will do any metal sound.

great guitar for metal music. You def need to replace the trem unit its not expensive maybe like 70 bucks for an original floyd, and after that this guiar rocks. The neck on this guitar feels a lot like a Ibanez JS100 neck very smooth neck, but with rg body. Just change the trem unit and you'll be good to go. No need for any other guitar.

the stock pickups were ok but the emgs really made this guitar growl. The string thru floyd trem is a stupid idea. When I dive the trem the ball ends would come out of the back of the trem a little and then slap back in when I released the tremolo. So I went to guitarpartsdepot.com and bought a licensed original floyd trem unit and this thing stays in tune sooo well now. It plays perfect now. If you replace it though remember to get the 43mm nut.

It was set pretty low just under 2/32nd of an inch. There is no binding on the neck its just smooth unlaquered neck. Very nice. One fret was slightly too high when I got it so I had to have it sanded recrowned but that is a common and minor fix. After that it played great.

I bought this used. Made in Korea. 2004 model. 24 frets, thin rosewood fingerboard. Black laquer finish. Licensed string thru floyd style trem, but traded it out with licensed original floyd trem. Active humbuckers, traded them out for EMG 81/85 combo. Regular Ibanez tuners.

Mars1313
    i got a dark blue mettalic ibenez rg220B and sounded good until it shorted out about a week ago. and trying to find a new curcit board. but other than that a great guitar.
    chaoticfables
    Great guitar, worst bridge in the world. Terrible. Otherwise, great guitar to have. Nice tone, especially for metal.