RG220B review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG220B

Purchased from: girl on craigslist

Sounds pretty good on all settings. So far the cheap-o bridge stays in tune fine, despite the bad reviews that I have read about them online. Pickup selector switch crackles when I switch to or from the bridge pickup. I haven't played it out of anything big yet. Just my practice amp with my EH Big Muff. It sounds good for the rock and roll!

I initially bought this thing to turn around and sell but I'm beginning to enjoy it. If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn't lose much sleep. I've only played it for maybe 4 hours but so far I enjoy it a lot more than I thought I would. Once I get the tremolo arm, I'm going to make my final decision whether or not to sell it.

The guitar is cheaply made with cheap parts. As such, it will probably fall apart easy. But again, it's cheap so what the heck... So far, I haven't had any problems with in falling out of tune. The strings are kind of warn out so I might need to replace them sometime. I might replace the whole tremolo with a nicer "original" Floyd Rose or might just "block" it to make it fixed.

The jumbo frets are nice. The bridge was hard to set up the first time since this is my first "Floyd Rose" tremolo guitar. The girl I bought it from didn't have the tremolo arm either so I've ordered one for $12 from the bay. I could tell which strings were original on the guitar from when this girl bought it. She never played it so it was kind of neglected but never abused. The paint is in great condition. I might need to replace the springs in the tremolo system.

2001 Korean-made. Strat style body. 24 fret "Wizard" neck. Rosewood fretboard. Maple neck. Basswood body. Dual humbuckers. Volume and tone knobs. Locking nut. "Floyd Rose" tremolo bridge. Cheapo tuners probably. Super-rad, deep blue color. Came with puffy gig bag, tuner-winder, two extra strings, and two picks.

grumpyjoe
    Why the 5 way switch with just two buckers?/ why not take advantage of it and use it to coil split the thing??