RG2550E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2550E

Purchased from: V Sell Music

I play mostly rock and this guitar does the job for me. Though you might have to change the action to get the gain you need. The pickups are good but if you really want to go professional I would suggest installing evolution pickups. But even without those you can kick some serious asses. At the moment I am using a Zoom 505 II with a Jimi Hendrix CryBaby. The sound is ok but I am sure if I get something serious like a V-Amp 2 or maybe a PODXT Live.

I would just say get this guitar. Install Evolution pickups if you can and go kick some major asses.

I haven't dropped this guitar yet but it looks solid but I wouldn't advise you to drop it. The case it came in is solid rock from the outside edges but I feel it's softer in the middle.

I bought the guitar brand new so I had to do some real work. Adjusting the string tension, configuring the pickups, the bridge, adjusting the tremolo, it was some work. But it was worth it. The guitar had no flaws in it.

I just recently got this. It's made in Japan by the great Team J Craft. It came with its Prestige hard case. It has 24 jumbo frets. The neck was ok I guess. Before this I was playing a RG470, the main differences is that the neck of the 470 was much smaller. It was easier to shred on but I guess after much practice I will be able to play on this too. It has a 5-way selector, H-S-H configuration with DiMazzios. The bridge is Edge Pro, the tremolo is wicked as promised by Ibanez. The tuners are locked, the finshing is galaxy black. A lovely piece of work, I just love it. It's a great piece of work. I bought the last piece from Ibanez this series is now discontinued, so if this gets stolen I couldn't buy it again.