RG2550E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2550E

Purchased from: imuso

I play everything from Classical to extreme Death metal and it does exactly what I bought it for. It plays everything and it plays it fast. I'm using a Marshall Valvestate 100, the older British ones and near enough any effect. It has that full Dimarzio sound. I can't put my finger on why, but yes, Dimarzio ish. No noise, sounds the guitar can make? The tremolo really unlimits the possibilities for playing.

I play everything, great cleans for classical, great leads for metal, it's an immensely fast guitar! I have been playing near 2 years now but I'm no ammateur gear wise, I am a bit of a gear geek, it is every bit as good as having a Les Paul although a completely different guitar. I own a lot of guitars, my family all play. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy it again, but I may be tempted to put the money together and buy a really expensive Ibanez now I know they are as good as people say. I would not get rid of this ever. Love it, it just does everything. I chose to compare it to a Les Paul as it is a very iconic expensive rock guitar, and this just proves that as it is more expensive, it is not better. I don't think it's missing anything. I'm sure I could come up with some random things to put in it, but no. Nothing that I can think of immediately. Go buy one now.

It's a very solid guitar, the neck has been reinforced at the weaker, more fragile points and the body looks as solid as anything. Tremolo I throw all over the place to and it's fine. Hardware is extremely solid, I changed the strap buttons to locks as I don't like to take chances but the originals I remember as rather steady. I never play a gig without back up, but I wouldn't expect to have problems with this. Finish is perfection. Not a slight flaw, wouldn't expect it to come off.

The guitar set up is perfected as I expected it to be. Not the slightest buzz. It came with 9 weight strings, which I've grown fond of now. The action is all adjustable with the tools but I have no problems with it. The pickups were adjusted pretty damn well, just as you would expect them to be really. The tremolo is installed to perfection. Not the slightest flaw. At all. There are no flaws/was completely perfect out the box, only other guitar I've had that was is a Gibson Les Paul Standard, which is double the price. Not a single fault.

Year 2005 Japanese made. Sorry, Team J-Craft that is! 24 Fret with good ole Jumbo frets, fantastic for playing with. The super duper wizard prestige neck, rosewood fretboard. I'm not usually a thin neck man but boy, this is amazingly fast. Basswood body, pretty resonant. Metallic black finish (galaxy black) with a pickguard. It's an RG, so it's like the one in the picture. Edge Pro bridge, wow the divebombing! Dimarzio electronics, one tone, one volume, 2 humbuckers and a single coil. Standard tuning heads, not really necessary due to locking nut. Full hard case with it, all the tools for adjusting the Edge pro and some spare bearings for it.