RG2550E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2550E

Purchased from: Preludio Musical

I play vary types of music and it fits well when I want to play metal to pop cleans. I'm currently using a XXL Peavey head amp with a either a Boss GT-8 or a Line 6 PODXT Live, no noise at all, even if I'm using the gain at its fullest, bright and full sound, round and warm at the same time. It's a very versatile guitar for all genres.

I play metal, pop, hard rock, ballads, you named. I've been playing for 9 years now and this is the best guitar I own, I have another Ibanez which is Korean or Chinesse don't remember now but it was great when I bought it now after a couple of years and a few mods I think it needs a re-fresh up. If this guitar I have on my hands now got stolen I'd cry as hell and probably buy another one, no second thoughts about it. It can be compare to the older models or its predecessors. The only thing that is missing is a backstop or a trem setter but I guess that's a mod only custom made have.

My teacher has an older model a 1990 model which was back then the 550e and it's got its original hardware and everythin else is the same, of course 15 years of using arent a walk at the park. So this will answer the question if the hardware will it last? Of course! The strap buttons are great big and solid. I can depend on the guitar but from my experience I'll always use a backup in case a string breaks. The finish was well made it's no titanium but it will last at least a decade, I guess.

The factory setup was ok, but I think that every guitar should be set it up for everyones needs, so I set it up for my situations. The pickups were adjusted as the setup was being done. The guitar came perfect from factory no flaws what so ever.

This guitar was made in 2006, made in japan by the Team J Craft, 24 jumbo frets, 5 piece maple, Walnut Prestige neck with rosewood fretboard, solid body super Strat style, basswood body with galaxy black finish, the bridge is the top of the line from Ibanez the edge pro, pasive electronics, one volume and one tone controls 5-way pickup selector, hum-sing-hum configuration with dimarzion Ibanez pickups, Gotoh tuners and locking nut, it came with a J craft hardshell case.

Triviumfan54
    oh my god that thing is HOT. I've got myself a RG1570 and thats pretty damn good. i envy you people with this guitar.