RG2550E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2550E

Purchased from: GAK

RG typically made for the Metal sound, for me works great as I am a metal guitarist, I have played the ocasion blues and such others and so far hasn't let me down with it's sound, ATM I am only using a Line 6 Spider 3 HD75 put threw an Ashdown cab 4X12 100W, has an exelent sound very good pickups, and is not a noisy guitar on any setting yet still picks up all you need it to. Pinchs are great and open threat chugs could make your bowls shake.

I play metal and this guitar is meant for metal and it puts it's message acorss perfectly in it's sound, to most peoples suprise I have been playing only 1 year and 3 months but have been told by various guitarists I sound like and look like I have been playing for a good 7 years, I would put this down to my addiction of playing it everyday for atleast 2 hours hehe. practice makes perfect they say. I own 2 other guitars which includes my 1st guitar of a squire Strat, and my backup which is an ESP LTD M50 purposly bought just for backup purposes due to the awful sound of the Strat. If I lost or had this guitar stolen I would search high and low for it not buy another one hehe, but if I had to I would definately buy another. I love the pickups and the neck if I was to pick up my old guitars they wud feel like tree trunks to me, the neck is so smooth and thin I can shred gallop sweep all day long which strugle.

This guitar has so far not let me down and has took some punishment from crazy crowd antics, I have only taken a backup guitar in case of a sting breaking as will all guitarsist using a floyd rose as they will know how long it takes to replace a string. Seen as this guitar has taken a beating so far in my hands and other of crazy spectators I can assure you it is built to last.

When I recived my guitar it was set up perfectly in a Standard tuning although to me this is no use as I play in drop C, I didn't hesitate in tuning the beast down, didn't take me long as I came in luck when tuning it down and tightening the bridge at the back in alternate and finally geting the flush bridge and the same action as in Standard, this guitar had no flaws being a prestige guitar everything down to the volume selector can have a defining difference to normal guitars.

Made in 2006 in Japan, 5pc Super Wizard Maple neck, Basswood body, 24 Jumbo frets, Edge Pro bridge, DiMarzio IBZ-N (H) neck pickup, DiMarzio IBZ-S (S) mid pickup, DiMarzio IBZ-B (H) bridge pickup. The guitar has a SParkly black finnish which has a slight tint of purple on the light reflection, Ibanez call this Galaxy Black, I wields a double locking floyd rose, has 2 controls volume and a tone, and has 5 pickup selections. It also came with a free hard case which comes in handy and tool for the floyd rose locking system.

blue_strat
    Breed85
    Yes neck thrus are slightly better for sustain whilst some say bolt ons have better attack etc. Many high end brands like Suhr, Anderson and Musicman (as well as great guitarists such as PG, JS, JP, Vai) prefer to go with bolt ons. Its a matter of preference.
    Pejhman
    blue_strat wrote: had my eye on this one. wish they hadnt switched to the sharktooth inlays tho. will probably get a 1570 instead now.
    I hate the Sharktooth inlay, but I think I hate the empty space around the pick-ups on the 1570 more. Loved the V8 pick-up though. Don't know why. I'm "saving" for a RG2550E.
    convictionless
    neck thews are wayy better for sustain and tone, but blot ons are for swtiching out the necks and what not, they were made for touring bands who would pretty much get there necks destroyed and marked up after a year of touring.
    Etha
    I just have to say... that guitar looks so beautiful! I wish my local guitar shop had it for sale :/
    d_lord1
    what colour is the scratchplate on this because it looks sort of maroon but in some other pics it looks mirrored
    mn8b
    d_lord1 wrote: Ibanez bolt ons aren't like normal ones http://www.diyguitarist.com/Images/Mojo-... is a pic of one. They are better to play with than others
    yeah the RG necks are ridiculously thin and effortless. correct me if im wrong, however; arent neck-thrus better for sustain?
    srikar.sk
    hey wanted to know.....wat's the difference between this and the Ibanez Rg2570 prestige?
    mn8b
    wonder why ibanez chooses to put bolt ons on such high end guitars. nothing wrong with good ol' bolt ons but i would think theyd use neck thru for their prestige models. anyone agree?
    d_lord1
    JoelTheShredder
    why doesnt anyone like the sharktooth inlays, i dont think there that bad. i actually think there pretty cool coz they kinda dissapear under different light. is there something im missing.