RG2550EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2550EX

Purchased from: Eastgate Music

I play anything. This guitar is very versatile. Pickups are great. I had been trying the shitty Ibanez guitars until I bumped into this one. The first time I tried it out, it opened my eyes, to Ibanez guitars, and it took me away to a special place where I could imagine myself playin for hours and hours.

This guitar, I reccomend to anyone wanting to purchase a guitar, that doesnt have too much cash, but wants something of value, and resell value. This can compare to Les Paul sound, without the hefty price tag and it also has sustain which can last for days. From now, on I will only mostly be lookin at Ibanez Prestige Guitars in the Ibanez range. The last words of wisdom are: Scrap the standard Rgs and skip straight to the Prestige series. It will be worth your while.

This guitar will withstand live playing and the hardware, and finish look as if they would be alright for a few more decades, no problem. Strap buttons are unusually huge, but they are probably there to combat the weight a bit.

Guitar was setup by the dudes, at the music store. The guitar contained no flaws, and everything was cool. Black mirrored pickguard is cool.

Year made, 2004 in Japan. 24 XJ Frets, with a nice super wizard neck. Nice blue finished top, like the colour of one of Vai's JEMs. Also has a black mirrored pickguard, with mirrored dot inlays. Body made out of basswood. Bridge, is a edge pro floyd rose, with gotoh tuners. Passive Dimarzio/IBZ pickups with a five way Switch.