RG2550Z review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2550Z

Well this guitar has the H-S-H pickups style with the 5 way selector Switch, all 3 pickups are DiMarzio IBZ pickups, the pickup position in 1st position (bottom) uses the bridge humbucker which puts out some high end rock sounds good for metal rhythm and some kick ass soloing, the 2nd position uses the single coil and outer inner coil of the bridge humbucker and this puts out some nice almost acoustic cleans and bluesy sounds when alittle gain is added to it, the middle position is just the IBZ single coil, witch is extremely low output you have to increase the volume to hear a tele-like clean and distortion, the 4th position uses the single coil and inner coil on the neck pickup wich gives you a lower acoustic clean sound and a nice low blues or shred sound with an adequate amount of gain, the 5th position puts you in the shred position with the neck humbucker and oh man with the right amount of gain you can perfect sweeps, dive bombs, and kind of shredding. I run this guitar through a Line 6 Spider III and the 2 are a match just like a Gibson and a Marshall it's a match made in heaven. the guitar puts out a nice crisp clean sound and a face melting metal rock sound.

I play a lot of blues, thrash, rock, and metal and this guitar holds up to all of them even acoustic I have an Epiphone goth LP, an LTD EC-1000 Deluxe, and a Fender american Strat, and I choose this Ibanez over them all, if it were stolen I would cry for weeks until I got another one; ) lol, I love how well this guitar holds in tune and just the sex appeal of this amazing axe, the only thing I have to say against it is the capacitor isnt so great but eh oh well everything else is perfect.

I've used this guitar Live and it lives up to the Ibanez name that so many have established before it, I know I will be able to use this guitar for years and years to come, everything on this guitar is reliable and after I get my stabilizer for the trem it will be reliable forever, and the strap buttons were nice, but just to be safe I got the strap locks.

well I had a 2006 RG2550EX before this and the action is substantially lower, I set it low myself, in fact, I had to do most of the setup myself after I bought it, now don't get me wrong the setup wasn't bad when I got it, but my personal taste had to adjust it, the pickups are amazing in every way the magnets don't pull the strings down (they aren't to close) and the neck isnt a through it's a bolt on but it's nothing like I've ever worked with before perfect overall setup.

This is the 2008 model featured at the winter NAMM show, it has the ghost shark inlays up it's 24 jumbo fret, 5-piece wizard neck, a Rose wood fretboard, the body is made of Basswood. I'm sure you all know the body style, it's got an Edge ZR bridge with the ZPS3 mod. There's the double locking system which holds a tune very very well, and the toplok at the end of the neck erases the need for a retainer bar and the Gotoh tuners work really well behind the locks. the guitar comes with a nice J. Craft hard case free of charge, the tremelo arm of course and the 2 alan keys for your locks and saddles. And I have a quick question for anyone Who reads this, does Floyd Rose make the Edge Bridges for Ibanez? I've heard some things around and I just wanted to know.

Avenged.InFlame
    Well, I use this guitar as my main Ax and i would feel very secure using this without a backup, everything about it is well setup not only for show but it's very durable, the only reason i would bring a back up would be for the "what if's" like if i break a string or something like that, this guitar can definitely last you a long time, i dont know if it was because i got it at SamAsh or not but it even comes with a 5 year warranty, it's surely worth the investment.
    Warewolf_n
    Oh i have one, would you recommend this guitar as your main guitar, i mean as the guitar you would use live without a backup ? And do you think this guitar can last for a long time?
    Warewolf_n
    I dont know man i mean your review is great, but id like to hear more people say how great this guitar is to make me feel better for spending 1k for it lol
    Warewolf_n
    i really wish there were more reviews on this guitar cause im thinking of buying it and need more feedback
    Avenged.InFlame
    It's something in the volume knob of the guitar, when your gain and distortion is kicked up you can turn down the volume knob and it will eliminate the gain and bring you to the crisp clean sound without hitting any pedals or switches.
    Avenged.InFlame
    The sound cuts when you damp the strings, no buzz or feedback unless you have the volume maxed out on the amp (not the guitar) the sound is clear at all times too, even when huge amounts of gain could run notes together on other guitars, you can hear everything your playing.
    Avenged.InFlame
    lol oh dang i put the price but they didnt put it up there, at Samash Columbus i got it for $900 US
    james clunk
    how well does the sound of this guitar cut or is it a wall of sound that gets lost at high volume
    Avenged.InFlame
    The Neeck is a bolt-on with 4 bolts that are sunk into the body so they do not interfere with playing and they are hidden.
    Warewolf_n
    Would you recommend saving up more money to buy some other rg prestige guitar or is it that i just cant go wrong with this guitar?