RG2570E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2570E

Purchased from: SamAsh

I mostly play rock and this guitar suits the music perfectly (especially shred/metal). I'm using this baby with a Dunlop Crybaby wah, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone and a Line 6 Spider II amp. The pickups arent noisy at all. They're DiMarzio pickups, the single coil pickup lowers its output and I think that's a good thing. The tone is very warm and clean without any hissing. I love to play The Beat It solo from EVH (Michael Jackson) on this guitar, it sounds pretty good with the Edge-Pro bridge (it's like a floyd rose, but offers easy string changing).

This guitar is a good match for rock and metal. I love to solo and this guitar has been made for that. I have been playing for 2 years now and this is my second guitar. I don't know what I would if this guitar was stolen, 'cause this is a pretty expensive RG Prestige model. The only thing what I dont like is that you can't easily drop-D/C tune it. I compared this to a Jackson and a Ibanez SA and this guitar definetly won! I just felt connected to this one. I only wish you could easily drop-D/C it somehow without needing to unlock the nut and stuff.

This guitar will definitly withstand live playing! The hardware looks like it will last forever, but about the finish I don't really know. It's silver, so I think that it might wear off after 10 years. If you take good care of this beauty you shouldn't have any problems. I gigged 3 times with this guitar. The strap buttons are really tight.

The guitar was set up perfectly without any flaws. The action was good, and if it wasn't set-up properly you could have easily lowered/higherd it yourself.

This guitar features a 5 piece Wizard Prestige neck, basswood body, Edge-Pro bridge, DiMarzio IBZ pickups, rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and brown mirror sharktooth inlays and includes a free hardshell case.