RG2570E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2570E

Purchased from: Guitar.co.uk

I'm currently using a Laney LC30 tube combo, Metal Muff distortion and Ibanez Weaping Demon Wah. My tastes range from the usual classic rock like Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd, Led Zep and The Who as well as a ton of virtuoso stuff, Vai, Satch, Buckethead, Andy Timmons and Yngwie and a bit of metal and more modern hard rock Guns N' Roses (new & old), Metallica, Velvet Revolver etc etc. I needed a good, versatile lead tone and this RG more than provides.

I've been eying up this axe for ages and it's pretty much my perfect guitar. It has awesome playability and is great for soloing. It's not everybody's cup of tea but if you want a great, modern guitar to shred your ass off on nothing comes close to a high end Ibanez.

The guitar is pretty robust and I expect to be playing on it for some years to come, although I have had one small problem. The trem arm is getting a little squeaky and loose in the socket but that's nothing that can't be adjusted (by pulling the trem out of the guitar and tightening the trem holder ugh major headache).

No complaints really, it was set up great from the factory which is always a bonus with a floating trem since they're such a pain in the ass to set up. I did lower the action slightly to suit my playing style but apart from that I couldn't have asked for more, excellent set up and no flaws.

Made in Japan like all prestige models. Feature wise you get a lot of bang for your buck, 24 jumbo rosewood frets, basswood body, textured "vital silver" finish, Edge Pro floating trem, H/S/H Dimarzio/IBZ pick ups and comes with a cool Ibanez Prestige case with tools for adjusting the trem etc.

Mahoru
    I'd only buy it in Japan, since they make this model not only in Vital Silver, but in Galaxy Black, and it's so amazing!!!!
    EpiPaul
    umm... he said galaxy black. you can't get that at very many places. and you an get vital gold anywhere. would have preferred it in black tho..
    srikar.sk
    well wanted to know....wat's the difference between this and the Ibanez Rg2550e prestige?
    ChillBill
    difference between RG2570e and RG2550e is the plate in the middle. I really don't like the plate. Thats why I'm really into Ibanez. Simple look.