RG2570E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2570E

Purchased from: Music Mate?

It's not what you'd expect guitarrist to be playing in a Screamo band, with most going for the SG style but Who cares what everyone else is using? This guitar has the Wizard neck which makes it super fast for cutting around and getting those amazing riffs that you hear by bands such as Funeral For A Friend (at least one of the great band's that use/used Ibanez). I plug it into a Spider II 150W which at the moment is giving me a low-definition sound but I think that's a problem with the amp rather than the guitar (it worked OK with the 112 but even then not in your face) so the pickups might be an issue!

I've written most of the things I need to say about this guitar, but if I was stolen, and insurance gave me the money back for it I think I'd go out and try an SG mainly because I've never owned one, but I do love this guitar. If you've never had a flloyd rose before you'll hate this guitar a lot for a while, but once you get to grip to it (have a look on youtube for help) and you'll get it in the end!

The guitar does fine live, and continues to do well and although the fitted screw's in the back of the flloyd rose were terrible you can pick up a new box of screws for a quid from any shop that sells random crap. Strap buttons I replaced with Straplocks (Boston) which have lost their threads on the bottom at least, so I'm looking into getting a safe fix for that but it's done gigs with it unthreaded and held in fine as long as there's not real guitar stunts.

The guitar arrived to me in perfect condition, I picked it up out of the box and I could just tell by it's feel it was going to be perfect for me. The action is amazing, this guitar turns a beginner into a pro. The pickups needed a little change at first as well.

Made in 2005, Japan by Ibanez. 24 Frets with the best fingerboard you will ever see, Sharktooth Inlays are just amazing. Basswood body as I understand but I could never complain about the guitar's tone (maybe the body and the pups though). Flloyd Rose bridge took me a long time to get my head around, but now that I understand it I can easily set a guitar into Drop C tuning from anywhere using the backplate as a frontside block and visual leveler. As mentioned earlier, pickups are standard Ibanez/DiMarzio, could be a lot better and considering upgrading to ToneZone or EMG's when I have more money. Oh, it came with a case as well. Which for the record, is indestructable. Just don't leave the trem bar on when you pack it away, your guitar won't be in tune when you get it out.

blacksg
    the galaxy black looks the best. it's kinda dumb though. USA is probably their biggest money-maker, doesn't make sense why they wouldn't sell it here. hell i'd take ibanez over an American guitar any day. fender guitars feel cheap. I have a RG1570MRR with a dimarzio evolution at the bridge, great great guitar. i want this one now. but i guess i have to go to japan.....damn
    gunsnroses2503
    I'm a bit disappointed. I've had this guitar for 1 day and the trem bar is already creaking >.
    metallica92
    thats not the trem bar thats the springs in the back, you need to just wear them a bit
    maleksamman
    hey guyz , i`m thinkin of gettin the RG2570z , but i`m not sure of the Dimarzio IBZ...does they sound good? and also the neck dimensions shows that it`s wide at the highest frets not just like the wizard II necks ...does it effect on soloin ? i have rg370 and RGT42DX "love the mohagoney buddy and the neck-thru and confused of wat 2 get xpt700 or xpt6ex or rg2570z ?????:S gimme ur opinion
    Wyrmidion
    the IBZ-mic's have really good sound, it's heavy in the neck, good harmonics in the bridge, and the singlecoil in the middle is really good for a various amount of sounds about the neck, if you have shorter fingers than paul gilbert maybe stay off the Low E above 20th fret, but otherwise no problems whatsoever, the neck has an excellent finish, it comes practically setup for action right away, and the edge zero bridge is sweet really, but i've been nice to mine so i can't do anything but recommend it
    DANTE_DEMONHALF
    Great guitar. I had one and it actually DID get stolen. So gutted
    dude that's so sad!!!!! it's a too expensive guitar :
    Northernmight
    I have this guitar, and i love it.. But ****in' hell that finish is so damn ugly. I'll have to do something creative about it.
    Scavy
    Here in one guitar shop in Pakistan its selling for $650. Anyone's advice should I get it or not?