RG2570Z review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2570Z

I like a lot of different music, some acoustic, some classical, and a lot of rock/metal! Personally I think this guitar has the makings of one kickass guitar, the humbuckers are high output and deliver lots of lowend at the neck, really squeals those harmonics at the bridge, and splitting the humbuckers with the single gives really clear clean playing! The single is very nice for bluesy sounds. have yet to try it on a bigger rig however, just got a small 15watt practice amp that doesn't deliver the volume I want, but has all the tone of the guitar.

I think this guitar has everything I need, apart from a fixed bridge. but you can't get everything, that's why you get more guitars:) I've been playing about 1 year so far, own a Jackson Kelly KE-3 (which is totally inferior to this one), and a J&D Strat thingy, my first guitar. If this guitar was stolen I'd buy it again, because it's just such an unbelieveably comfortable guitar for those that like slim necks and great tonal versatility. I did choose between a cheap Gibson les paul and this one. and I don't regret it a bit, this one is so much better for me that has slightly smaller hands:) couldn't be happier.

the guitar body being basswood, it needs some extra carefulness, since any bumps to the body will give it a nasty dent. the hardware seems realiable, the strap buttons are bigger than usual meaning you can practically use it without those straplocks, but some might need them anyways I would use this as my single guitar if I was playing songs in only one tuning, but changing between multiple tunings takes some time with this one, but once you've got the tuning right, it holds it without flaw, despite trem abuse! and besides, you can change the knife-edges on this trem, so it will last for as long as you want it to.

the guitar was excellently setup from the factory, action is just right, the pickup height is right, but the single has less output so it's closer to the strings, you hit it easily with the pick, but I don't think it matters really no flaws anywhere that I could find!

My guitar was made in Japan, Fujigen Factory, in 2008. 24 Jumbofrets on a bound rosewood fretboard, with wedge sharktooth inlays. Basswood Body, 5piece Maple / walnut Wizard Prestige neck! About the finsih of the guitar, it's textured with color dots, an image says more than a thousand words, but imagine you had a big toothbrush with color in it. you pull the straws back and let go and you get this dots all over, it's something like that! I'll try to get an image up. Most of you know the Ibanez RG-series, it's a Superstrat type body, and has the new Edge Zero bridge with ZPS 3. passive high output DiMarzio/IBZ pickups, one volume, one tone, 5 way selector for the HSH configuration. the tuners are gotoh locking, came with a nice molded hardcase with red fur-like material, included, and a manual for setup. not that it was needed.

l3xbi
    This guitar is awesome, I got this for about 580. This years model which isn't really any different is 900. Plus if you look at the specification for the most expensive RG models, again it isn't really any different. This is my fourth guitar, and the best I've played. Only problem I had with it was I kept on hitting the middle pickup as it's quite high up, but my guitar teacher lowered that as well as the action, now there is not one problem.
    amonamarthmetal
    I have this guitar. It's a great guitar. The only complaint I have is the paint (I can't describe the top but I don't think its paint). It is a really thin coat and it wears away easily. At some point I'm gonna bring it in to someone and get it sanded down to a natural finish and coat it with something (not oil)