RG2620 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2620

Purchased from: Local Dealer

I play mainly a progressive melodic metal style and it's great for that. I also play Korn stuff and Limp Bizkit stuff with it and it's perfect (this is one of the same models Wes Borland uses). It's a very versatile guitar. I play it through a celestion loaded, Crate Blue Voodoo 150 and it's amazing. Not noisy at all, it has a nice thick full sound. The floyd rose trem is sweet for giving the sound an scary wobble. It's and all around sweet guitar. I mainly play in a whole step down (A D G C F A D) and it's great but it's also great in any tuning.

It's a great match for my progressive, melodic, metal style it's nearly perfect. I've been playing for about 3 years and I own a BC Rich KKV (with EMG's and a floyd rose), a Dean Avlanche MQ, and a Crate Blue Voodoo 150 full stack. I would probably get another if I were to lose it. I may get it in black though. I love the weight of it and the sound and how comfortable it is. I don't like the chinsey paint though. Overall I'd say it's good but almost excellent.

This guitar can really take live playing. I'd use it without a backup (and have). The strap buttons are solid, as is the hardware but like I already said the finish is a little chinsey.

The factory set-up was ok for a standard gage string but I use 11-70 gage so I had to fix that. Not too hard. The pickups were perfect. The finish isn't layed on real well though. I've got quite a few battle scars and I don't get real crazy while playing so the paint good be better, sweet color though. The volume control gets a little fuzzy when starting with it all the way up and turning it back like 30 degrees but most of the time I have it at 10 anyway.