RG2620 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2620

Purchased from: steve's music

This guityar suits my style perfectly. I pretty much things like Pearl Jam, Metallica, Megadeth, Kiss and other old rock bands. I use it with a Randall G2 series combo, a Boss GE-7 equalizer and a DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory. The pickups give you a really nice clean sound, and there isn't any hum with high levels of distortion. You cxan get pretty much all what ytou want from this guitar unless you want a single coil type of sound. It would have been nice to have a copil tap to make the bridge become a single coil.

This guitar suits my styles perfectly, I've been playing for roughly 2 years and I play very much. I also own a BC Rich Warlock with an EMG 81 in the bridge and I really prefer this guitar than the BC Rich but the pickups are better than the EMG 81 (especially for overdrive and clean). If it were stolen, I would sure buy another, unless I have the money to buy a Jackson Kelly USA. This is my favorite guitar of my 3 ones (BC Rich Acrylic Ice and Alvarez acoustic 12 string guitar). I wish it had a copil tap so I could make the bridge become a single coil but it's really nice like it is right now, I was surprised of how good it is for the price.

This guitar would surely be good for live playing, but I would not use it without a backup because of the time it takes to change a string if it breaks with the floyd rose bridge. The strap buttons are really solid, I can make moves with the guitar and it never falls. The harware seems pretty tuff and the finish does not even scratch when I pick so this is a good point.

When I got the guitar, everything was perfect, the action was perfect, just high enough so there is no fretbuzz. Everything was perfectly in tune and it was perfectly prepared.

This guitar was made in japan in 2005, has 24 frets, he fretboard is made of rosewood. It's made of basswood so the sound is not too trebly and not too bassy I really like it. The finish is a marble like blue (called cube). It's equiped with an Edge Pro bridge (a licensed floyd rose bridge, double locking) and it's really nice, stays in tune even after many hours of whammy bar dips. The pickups are passive DiMarzio/Ibanez pickups and the give a nice clean sound while they can deliver a nice overdrive and distorted sound. Has 1 volume and 1 tone 2 humbuckers and a 5-way selector so we can get many pickup configurations.

ai4281
    Caprisonne433 wrote: wich guitar is best ? ibanez jem 77 FP, or this ibanez RG?
    Probably the Jem. I think Jems are the most well-made Ibanez guitars.