RG270DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG270DX

Purchased from: Local music Store

I Play alot of metal/thrash and punk rock so I found this guitar to work extremly well with both genres. I also started working on my clean/acoustic sound. I thought this guitar was great for both. The Humbuckers add that punch that I have always looked for. It works extremly well with speed. If you like to play Pantera, Black label Society or any other band that uses a speed style palm mute, this is your guitar. Im curently running it through a Digitech metal master and a 150 watt Crate Amplifier which I think works very well for my playing style. It also generates an awsome pinch harmonic.

This guitar rocks. If you're not a rocker/metal head you probabbly wont want this guitar. I tihnk it was desighned to kick ass, not for the sit down player that likes to play more calm types of music. But for the rockers, you should definitly check this one out.

This guitar is very reliable. I have been in 2 different bands so far with this guitar and it hasn't failed me in creating a sound that was needed. THis guitar has almost become my best fried for doing shows. But, I would recommend taking another guitar to a gig for those "Just in case" reasons.

The guitar was set up nice in my view. I recieved this as a Christmas present and the only problem i had was with the floyd rose. I had to have it reset after 3 months, but ever since it hasnt caused me any problems. Another small flaw is my volume nob, sometimes if you tap it the wrong way it tends to cut out but can be fixed just by tapping it again. Other than that it has been put together fairly nice.

Features 24 frets, slash inlay instead of dots, floyd rose system. 2 Humbuckers and 1 single coil inbetween.