RG270DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG270DX

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

My style is hard rock and a bit of classic rock and this guitar is great for both. The distortion on this beast is great. I can also bet the cleaner classic rock sound out of this thing nicely. I haven't really tried it with blues or country so I can't really say much about that. It's pretty hard to get the twangy western sound out of it but it's possible. It's medium in the noisy factor and it's got a good full sound. With a bit of treble and switched onto single coil it has a nice bright sound. I'd say this guitar has lots of range as far as sound goes. I'm using a Brand X 25 watt which helps give me a really nice classic rock sound. One thing I would do is put in some nicer pickups and it would be perfect.

If your playing metal, classic rock, or hard rock this guitar is what your looking for. Plays well for both lead and rythem. I've been playing 10 months and this was my first electric guitar. I played the other guitars in my price range, such as Epiphone, Squire, Yamaha, and used fenders and gibsons but this baby was best for my style. I probably would buy an Iceman if I lost this one. I don't really need the tremalo and I love the body style of the Iceman.

I have total faith in this guitar if it came to gigging. I would have a backup just incase I broke a string. Strap buttons are rock solid. The only thing I would worry about is if your using tremalo with new strings you may snap the high E.

I got it used and the previous owner seems to have done an awsome job with it. The only little problem with it is the pickups had a little rust on the surface. The finish is rock solid on this thing. I've bumped and dropped it a fair amount of time and all I have is a hairline crack on the tip of the lower point. The input also seemed to like to crackle so I resodered it and it hasent bothered me since. If you don't like the action on this guitar it will take you 2 minutes to adjust using an allen key.

Made in 2002/2003ish in the country of Korea. It has 24 frets but I couldent tell you what size. It's a solid top and its probably basswood body and a mohagony fretgoard. I can't say for sure but thats my best guess. RG body with a Floyd Rose bridge. It's got a volume a tone and a 5-way selector Switch. Locking tuners and the lightning fast wizard II neck. All I got with it was an allen key and a whammy bar. It's got HSH pickup setup. The floyd rose and the bad input jack will put this down to a 4.

one_way_mule2
    I also Had trouble with rust on the pickups. is there any way of getting rid of it without damaging them, and replacing them? please let me know. i also agree with it going out of tune easily, but it is fun just to play around with it!!!