RG270DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG270DX

Price paid: A$ 400

Purchased from: eBay

I play mainly metal and hard rock and this suits it perfectly, I play it through a crappy Silvertone practise amp with a Boss DS-1 and it kicks ass. I mainly have it on the neck humbucker but you can get a variety of sounds from this guitar if you fiddle around with it a bit. If you put it on the single coil it screams hell bad so I don't really use it much.

as I said before I play mainly metal and hard rock and it suits it perfectly, but as Ibanez say the RG was made for metal so. I have been playing for 3 years now and have a Jackson RRV, a Fender Stratocaster and a Gibson Les Paul Custom and this guitar can stand up to all of them. If it was stolen I would hunt the guy Who took it and kindly ask for it back, then murder HIM. But seriously. if it were stolen I would cry and go and get a new one. I wish this guitar had DiMarzios factory Standard but I'll just go and get some.

I have gigged with this guitar a few times and have no problems with it I would definetly use it without a backup. Everything with this guitar can withstand gigging. I have even knocked it a couple of times and it still doesn't have a scratch on it. I don't see why people say that the trem or locking nut suck on this guitar because they stay in perfect tuning no matter how spaz I go with the whammy.

I didn't get this guitar stright from a factory or dealer so I have no idea what it was like fresh of the production line but what action the guy before me had it on was perfect I didn't have to alter anything, dunno if he did though. I have no problems with this guitar, I know lots of people say that the tremolo is terrible but mine is just fine I can go ape shit with it and it still stays in tune.

This particular RG was made in 2000, I think, but don't quote me on it cos I have no idea, and was made in Korea (well mine was anyway). It has 24 jumbo frets, a maple neck and a bound rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays and the body is a super Strat design made of basswood with a black finish. It has a liscenced Floyd Rose floating tremolo and a lucking nut with an all access neck joint. It has H/S/H configuration with no name electronics, a master volume, master tone and 5 way selector switch.

EmuChicken
    You can get the rust out by using some cotton buds with some "scratch remover" or whatever.. I got the paste from a music shop and you just rub the rust right off
    UnDistortion
    hey everyone, i bought an rg270dx USED, however, the man had installed emg 81 Sa 85 pickups and i can promise you it is really worth it, the pickups are great and suit any style you would play on the rg270, even clean, and also my tremolo has never had problems but i can't say he didn't fix it or change it because i never asked, great guitar!
    pucker2010
    yeah i picked one of these at a pawn shop for 70 bucks. Nice guitar, i was told that the tremolo was junk. the guitar tech in my town said for about 100 bucks he would order me a mighty mite tremolo, he said it's a hell of a lot better for the money. not bad 170 bucks and I have a pretty nice ax.