RG270DX review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Ibanez: RG270DX

Purchased from: Used

OK, this guitar is perfect for playing from hard rock to death metal, very warm sound from the ceramic psnd pup in the neck, and a brighter sound from the bridge drop sonic, this single coil was a piece of shit cause it got a goddamn hell hum, so I got it removed and put some LEDs in there jaja, it got a good sustain, and you definitely can't play jazz or soft things in this.

I play metal, and this guitar do its work, I have been playing for 2 years and this is my 3rd electric guitar, I have had 1 Peavey Showmaster, a Ibanez GRX40 and this, I love that with these guitar I can easily play fast songs, because of the neck, but I hate everything else, except my DiMarzio Drop Sonic pup, if this guitar was stolen, I would buy a Ibanez IC-400 Iceman, or an Fender Blacktop Jaguar, I wish it had a Edge Tremolo.

This guitar CAN withstand live performances, but I wouldn't use it without a backup, never, since I think this would be my backup, strap buttoms are rock solid, hardware will last a lifetime (except for the FR) the finish is pretty good, I wouldn't use it as a main guitar.

Ok, as I bought this guitar second-hand I don't know how it was from factory, but when I had it it had a very smooth action, the pups where good in height, the finish is very good, the floyd rose is impossible to use because with one movement it destroys the tuning, so I have it blocked, the neck is very fast, its a very light guitar.

This guitar was made in 2000 in Korea, pretty good guitar. It has 24 frets, its body is made of Basswood, Maple neck, it is like a caoba finish, it has a single locking fr tremolo (its a piece of garbage). It came with 2 humbucker pickups and a single coil, but the bridge humbucker was a piece of shit, so I changed it to a DiMarzio Drop Sonic and now it sounds awesome.