RG2EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2EX1

I play a lot of Metallica, Children Of Bodom, and Slayer. This guitar pulls it off with ease. The only thing I have trouble with getting out of this guitar is a good screaming pinch harmonic. When I settle down to play somethign light, maybe some Nirvana, or soemthing classic I still have no probelm gettign the sound I want. But I must say, this guitar's true power lies in it's ability to grind out some really crunchy rock riffs. When I get in one of those angry moods where the distortion goes alll the way up, this thing sounds like a mix between the end of the world, and a battle between an army of bigfoots and a neon Orange glowing dragonic aquatic man-beast.

This is definately a great guitar for me. For my style of playing, this guitar fits like two pieces of a puzzle. My favorite thing about this guitar is its ability to crank out some really fast riffs with ease. For some reason it doesn't seem to bleed much either. If it were stolen I would probably go with something a little less cheaper, considering I was short on cash at the time.

I would definately use this without a backup. One thing you have to watch is the input jack though. I had to take it apart and fix it once because I always put pressure in the cable. It's just the position I play in. All that was needed to fix the problem was to bend the piece of metal so the cable could pick up the signal again. Unless you have the put pressure constantly on the cable like I do you shouldn't have this problem though. The strap buttons are great. I can twist and turn at any angle and they stay solid and hold quite well.

I haven't had any problems, noticed any scratches, or found anything wrong except where the volume knob has been rubbing the body. It's not noticable when the knob is on, but it's still there and it bugs me. As for the action, I didn't even bother changing anything. At where they set it there wasn't any buzzing problems.

I bought this thing about six months ago. The onlt complaint I have about it is the absense of a tremelo bar. I absolutely love the EMG humbuckers. It's great, obviously considering the brand, for metal, though it still sounds fine clean. I plug into a Line 6 Spider II 75W and it really sounds great. The neck is quite fast with it's 24 frets, which are no problem to reach. The basswood body isn't that bad in terms of weight. The one I own is black with a white trim around the corners. The bridge is fixed, which I'm not too find of. A trem. bar would be great but this thing never goes out of tune. I can go weeks without tuning the thing and it won't budge. It has a 3-way Switch and two knobs. one for volume, of course, and one for tone.

LoveStaindRed
    My guitar center is cool...they sold me the floor model of my Schecter...but it turns out there were some dents in it I didn't see until I got home, so I called up the guy who helped me and he ordered me another one and we just exchanged it the next week, no problems or questions asked.
    bootyking69
    i have this guitar i changed the bridge pick up to seymour duncan invader and it made cleared up the lows but made the highs muddy.. the stock pick ups are pretty good i think they were better!!! man i payed 80 bucks for that pick up just to make it sound worse!!