RG2EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2EX1

Surprisingly, the passive EMG clones sound ok. Better than stock IBZ Infinities anyway. They have less output but better response, even when the Switch is in the full up position. No noise at all through a Vox AD15, and you can get a huge range of tones out of that amp by the way. Overall decent, the build allows for very easy replacement of the pickups too if you are a stickler.

Good deal for the price, although I would not buy another if it was stolen, reason being I actually wanted a RG5EX1 when I walked in the store, but they couldn't find the accessories for that one either. In the case of the RG5EX1 though you kind of have to have the accessories since it has a locking trem. Regardless, this is a fine instrument, the neck in particular is very comfortable.

I can't speak much to the reliability since I've only owned it for a couple weeks. No problems thus far. I haven't had to retune it yet (even after a couple hours of continuous playing) which is a nice change from my old RG120. On the other hand though, I have a pretty light touch with a pick, so people Who like crunching down hard on this thing might have different results.

IBZ did a pretty good job here, even considering I got the floor model. No dings in the finish at all, and it looks awesome. Action was perfect from the factory, as low as it can go without buzz. The only complaint I have is the tone knob was loose, but no biggie, just needed some pliers.

Made in Indoneeesia with 24 frets on a Wizard II neck. Fake EMG passive humbuckers (more on them later), tone and volume knobs and a three way Switch. Fixed bridge. I got a floor model so it came with approx. 0 accesories. Thanks Guitar Center. Black finish with white trims.

stonedkirby
    yeah the bridge is irritating...still decent player and a step up above other begginer instruments.
    Jkobb13
    Stay away from the Ibanez acoustics though. They don't perform for their price.
    RollingFree
    A great guitar for a great price, how ironic. I agree guitar center sux. They told me that the pickups were real EMGS(LIE!) These pickup not close to EMGS, but they are great stock pickups.