RG2EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2EX1

Purchased from: Friend

If you play metal and want a guitar for under $600 this is essential! Sounds great for any style of metal. I use it with my Line 6 Spider III, and turn on the Metal effect, and it sounds awesome. My only complaint is when I turn the game up the sound gets too buzzy, so I usually keep the gain around 6. Guitar has a really heavy bassy tone. And even unplugged from the amp it has a very acoustic bassy sound to it. I had held onto my friends Schechter C1 Hellraiser for a month or two and I still like the sound of the Ibanez better (Shcecter goes for about $850 at guitar center, white the Ibanez is only $300).

Guitar has a great overral feel to it. The first time I picked it up it felt so comfortable and this guitar SHREDS!! So easy to go from strumming to picking. Great for any metal player, not bad for jazz either. Although it has limited sound capibility, metal and jazz are really the only styles you can play on it. Not too great for rock. If your looking for play rock, this isn't for you. Guitar is a bit heavy, but not to bad, not like a Les Paul or anything. But this is the perfect guitar for an avid metal player. I have an mexican made Fender Strat and I prefer to play my Ibanez over that any day. If your looking for a metal guitar under $600 Go for the RG2EX1, you won't be dissapointed.

Most of the hardware on it seems pretty sturdy. The bridge is very nice. Although the tuners definately aren't the greatest I've seen. if you have the money I would suggest putting Grover tunes on it. The pickups are just okay. They definately aren't bad. But if you have the money, throw some real EMG's on it. My friend told me when he bought it, it didn't come with strap locks and he had to put them on himself. He gave me one if his old gig bags because it doesn't come with one.

All I had to do when I got this gutar was put on new Elixer strings, and adjusted the pickups just a tad myself, and from there on out it felt and sounded great.Quality was better than I had expected from a cheaper guitar.

24 Jumbo Frets. Has to Ibanez, EMG Style, Humbucker pickups. Rosewood Fingerboard. Tuners are average at best. I find myself returning the guitar every day or two (I play it every day). 3-Way Switcher. One tone knob, and one volume knob. Overrall I'd say the accesories are pretty Standard for any metal players guitar. Strings are set with a lot of space in between them so it's very easy for picking. Also has a wide, but smooth comfortable neck, great for making slides.

EMG_DRAKE
    I got this guitar at TheGuitarFactory and it was suppose to have EMG designed Passive pickups.. Instead they installed stock V7 - V8 pickups which are crap. Do you guys recommend me installing a Zakk Wylde EMG 81, 85 set on this guitar? It will run me like 350 bucks and I want to know if that is a wise purchase. I am looking to play a lot of heavy metal aka Rammstein. Also if I want a more expensive guitar in the future I figure I could use take the EMGs and put them in that one.
    sonny bb
    me too. most sites list the older versions still. mine has a 5 way switch and v7/v8's
    Krauser
    CRIPPLEDshreder wrote: hows this guitar for metal/metal core. cause thats the genere i mostly play.
    That's all I play. Mostly August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, and stuff like that. I'm running it through a Line 6 Spider III. It sounds great man don't worry.