RG2EX2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2EX2

Ahh the sound. Time to complain about the pickups. As I said above, I do not like these. Avoid them at all costs. They sound like any other pickup with the volume on half. I was very very dissapointed with not only the way they play, but little lines formed after a few days on the pickups from fingerpicking. My only other complaint is the string height when I recieved this guitar. The strings were very high, actually as high as you can twist them. It's alright though, an allen wrench fixed that up.

Overall: I wish I would have been able to see how bad the pickups were before I bought this. It's a beautiful guitar, but it will cost me another 150-200 bucks for decent pickups and 5-way for this thing to get it to play correctly. I still love it's looks and the way it plays now that the strings are lower though. I've been a big fan of Ibanez, and this is the first time they let me down.

Everything so far has lived through the past 5 months that I've had this guitar. It dosnt break strings easily, the strap buttons still work, no flaws in the finish. If it had better pickups I would depend on it in a gig without a backup. The only thing keeping this one to a 9 is the marks on the (wanna-be) EMGs.

I absolutely love the way this one looks. It's much more clean and stunning than any pictures could discribe it. The white looks amazing with the black, and everything just works very well. The only thing holding it to a 9 is how light the rosewood is. No biggy though.

Its features are very exceptional. The only thing I can complain about is the pickups. They are "designed" by EMG, but still suck. They don't have much pop, and they arnt split or live. Other than that, I'm happy with everything. The neck is very weird but nice when you get used to it. It has almost like a flat spot on the back where your thumb can press against. Personally, I love it, others might diagree. The neck is also very smooth and very fast. It has 24 very tall frets, and the tuners have yet to fail me. On the body, it only has a tone, volume and 3-way switch. I'm a big fan of the second and fourth position on a 5-way, so I was rather dissapointed, but when I change the tuners, I will change those out too. It dosnt have a tremolo on it, which I actually prefer, and that's a good reason why I bought it. That and the EMGs.

Atomic_gerbil
    What kind of music do you play? I actually prefer EMG's, because i play metal. I know they aren't live, but they still have to be decent.