RG2EX2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2EX2

Purchased from: Musicians friend

The EMG's are fine. The guy who reviewed it before me had a pretty good point that these EMG's aren't the best in the world, but think about it this way, they are much better than some pickups you'll find on some other guitars in this price range. I play metal, rock, etc. I like them, and don't see the need to change them. The cleans are excellent. I love these stock pickups.

I have been pretty impressed with this guitar, mainly because of how much it cost. It was a good deal, and it catches looks. I love everything about it, and I'm not one to complain about things. This is a very nice guitar. I'd recommend it to anyone Who like playing rock or metal, but it's cleans are very nice too. If it was stolen, I would probably buy it again.

I would use this guitar at a gig. I'd bet it could last. But, I have had this for less than a week, so there's not much to say here either. A minor annoyance is that the input jack always seems to be coming loose, but again, that's minor. The rest of this guitar is solid.

I have only a few complains from the factory set up. I don't expect my guitar to come completely set up the way I like it, in tune and all that. It doesn't work like that. I had to adjust string height, and I had to tune it. Big deal. But, the binding around the body isn't perfectly painted on and there was a small dab of what looks like hot glue next to one of my frets (doesn't affect my playing at all) but that's about it. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, no need to change them. Overall, good factory setup.

There's really not much to say about features. For the price, it's excellent that it comes with a Wizard 2 neck and at least halfway decent passives from EMG, and 24 frets. The rest, is well, pretty bare-bones. The tone knob actually works unlike others in the price range, and the tuners never go out of tune (at least for me). Other than that, an excellent, straightforward guitar.