RG2EX2 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG2EX2

The guitar is perfect for just about everything I play, Muse, Metallica, Incubus, It works great for me. The amp I use is a crappy and breaking Fender Frontman (I'm getting a Peavey Studio Pro 112 soon, a good amp from a company I dislike in general), but anyway, despite the crappy amp, I still can pull some pretty good sounds out with this guitar. As I don't have tons of guitars to compare it to (yet, at any rate) I can't say how it sounds in comparison, but I can get just about any sound I look for out of it, no complaints there, though I'm sure it could be better, it's very good for the price.

It's a great guitar for the price. I've been playing electric for a few years, and classical for nine, so I've got pretty good technical skills, and this guitar functions well for all of my purposes. When I bought it, I pretty much played every guitar of the same price range in the store, and it came out on top, which can't be a bad thing.

As far as I can tell, everything is perfectly good except for the frets, but I haven't played Live with it so I can't be positive. I don't think anything would happen to it suddenly, but having a backup can't hurt. By the time I start performing regularly, I hope to have a nicer guitar anyway.

The action and pickups were fine, I got it used (I think it's hard to tell with GC). Only problem I've had is that this winter (It was going outside fairly often to be brought around, having to wait for city buses) a couple of the frets popped out a bit, making it so that certain notes buzz when sounded, though I'll fix it soon. Everything else is perfect.

Well, I'm not an expert on guitars, but I know what I like. It's got 24 jumbo frets on Ibanez's Wizard II (I believe) neck. Mine is white, with a black border line around the outside. The finish stays smudge free. To ad a little personality, I stuck one of the Apple stickers that comes with iPods on below the bridge, and it's pretty funny when my friend notice it. Anyway, it plays really nicely, and I don't know about everyone else, but as someone Who learned classical guitar first, the Ibanez necks play much more naturally to me. Not much in the way of extra features, but I don't really need more on a guitar like this, just volume and tone.

Kjoyea
    i played that for an hour yesterday in guitar center and it makes some great metal music.
    Ishiga
    I have to agree about the pickups. They're kind of weak. They may be "designed" by EMG, but they're sure as hell "perfected" by Ibanez. They're not bad if you want a cheap guitar for the sole purpose of practicing making noise. They're relatively quiet compared to some of the other guitars I've tried, but could be better. The guitar itself, pickups not included, is absolutely perfect for me. The only thing I'd change is the color, which I intend to as soon as I can afford to, as well as the pickups to an EMG 60/81 or 60/89 combo.
    the.spine.surfs
    ^The pups are much better than stock IBZ pups, though. Granted, they arn't as brootal as good Actives, but what is?
    Kjoyea
    true true, once i save up ill probably get the pickups changed to actives. the neck on the thing is amazing though
    mason092
    I have this guitar. The pickups aren't bad, but those are the only thing I would change about it. I wouldn't use a tremolo if it was there.