RG320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320

Since i play mostly rock, the H/H configuration is very good. Although i sometimes get frustrated by the Floyd Rose Tremolo bacause it is very sensitive, it comes in handy when i have to tremolo or bend the pitch. I use a Crate GX-30M amp and a Boss MT-2 distortion pedal. It has a very full sound when put to the low humbucker, when set to the high humbucker, the sound is very bright and clean. There is no limit on how many different sounds you can make with this guitar. It is the best.

This is a very good guitar for the style of music that I play. I have been playing for about three years and ive owned a Squier Strat, a Fender Tele, and this guitar. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would probably buy a different one, just so I can play a different guitar. But thats just me. I love and hate the Floyd Rose Trem because of its versatility in some areas and its lack of versatility in other areas. I bought this guitar for many reasons, one it was one of the best guitars (and best looking!), two, it was on sale for the holidays, 3 I had never seen an RG 320 with sharktooth fret markers, and four, I loved it the first time I played it.

This guitar is most definitely suited for live playing. It is an amazing instrument. Most of the hardware will last a lot except for some minor rusting. The finish does not wear. The strap buttons are solid. This is a very good guitar, but i would not play without a backup.

The guitar was set up nicely except that one of the humbuckers was a bit loose, but I fixed quickly. Everything was just the way it was supposed to be. Although I noticed that a month after I got it, some of the fine tuners and the screws at the nut were starting to oxidize. But everything else was just perfect.

The RG 320DX (same as RG 320 except with sharktooth inlays) was made in Korea. I do not know what year it was made in. It has 24 frets and it plays really fast. It is a solid top guitar. It includes a 5-way selector Switch,(which is very handy to get just the right sound!), a volume and a tone knob. It has 2 Ibanez humbuckers, it gives a vey good sound. It is has a basswood body and a maple neck. It is has a gloss balck finish. The Floyd Rose Tremolo is very good except for the fact that i cannot tune down very low, because i play mostly hard rock. It has Jumbo Frets. It is one of the best guitars ive ever owned or played, the speed of the neck is unbelievable. It comes with the wrench to unlock the nut. I give this guitar a 4.