RG320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

I play mainly all kinds of rock, metal, punk, and some jazz. This guitar can do it all. I mainly use the single coil (part of the bridge humbucker) closest to the bridge (position 5) for my dirty sound, the full bridge humbucker (position 4) for a really nice and bright clean sound for stuff that should be an acoustic (sounds like a piezo) and for music where I use my chourus pedal, and other the other 3 settings for a jazzy and bluesy sound. The existing pickups are excellant, but I might purchase an EMG set of the 81 (bridge) and 85 (neck) because they are active, but it is definately not a necessary change. May I also add that the guitar stays in tune very well, even with moderate tremolo use.

Great medium price guitar. Excellant sound and construction. Is better suited for hard rock/metal, but a great all arouind instrument. This guitar has great features and is sure to satisfy all. Lastly, I am not working for Ibanez, as I suspected many others had before, because I could not believe that so many people thought that this guitar was so excellant. I am a 14 year old guitar enthusiast, just hoping to share the wealth about my new found pride and joy. I reccomend this guitar to all. Great second guitar, but is sure to please no matter what level player you are.

Given as I got this guitar for christmas, a whopping 3 days ago, I havent gotten a chance to test this guitars durability/reliability, but it is common knowledge that all Floyd Rose Tremolo equipped guitars are infamous for their tendancy to have strings break at the worst times. This rating is an 'as of now' rating, but I'm guessing as time goes on, I will get a better idea of the actual reliability and durability.

The action is perfect closer/farther from the neck depending on tremolo tuning adjustments. The average height above the fingerboard is about 2 mm. and it doesn't produce any fret buzz as you scale all 24 frets. The bridge pickup height wasn't quite high enough for me, seeing as I like my bridge pu right underneath the strings, but the factory setting would be great for anyone else. The guitar that I bought was greatly discounted from its original price to 300 dollars due to some tarnished hardware. The bridge and pickup rings had some spots that were pretty badly oxidized, but only noticable if you took a really close look. I'm sure these flaws would not exist on a factory guitar. Otherwise, all of the hardware and features were installed to perfection.

Korean Made, 24 fretted, rosewood fingerboard, maple neck (super thin Wizard II), Basswood body with brown quilted maple top (discontinued), Japan made Edge Pro II bridge (Floyd Rose Licenced, but with better features) which is a pain in the ass to string, locking nut, passive standard H/H Ibanez powersound pickups, a 5-way pickup selector, one tone nob and one volume.