RG320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

This guitar sounds awesome! It suits all music styles (I use it for metal, rock, and blues). I'm using a Line 6 Flextone III amplifier with it and it never gives any feedback unless I have the distortion cranked, which I do a lot of the time. This guitar has great sounding pinch, artificial, and natural harmonics. It easily lets me do those screaming metal leads, bright, clean, ringing chords, and everything inbetween.

I mainly play rock and metal and this guitar is a perfect match both looks and sound-wise. I have been playing for a year and a half (although I match up with a lot of five-year players because I play at least 3 hours a day.) I also own a Fender Starcaster (not a typo) and a no-name electric/acoustic. If it were stolen, I'd probably just get something else. I like the bridge and it's my favourite feature, but at the same time, that's the thing I like least about it because it kills the stability of the tuning. I often compare it to the Jackson Dinky which bends a lot higher but this definitely looks nicer. I just wish it had more stable tuning.

This guitar will easily withstand live playing... until it goes out of tune or you snap a string, then it would probably be in your best interest to Switch guitars because, with the floating bridge, it easily takes over half an hour for a string change. The hardware will definitely last a long time though and the strap buttons are very solid. The finish seems very solid. I definitely wouldn't use this for a gig without backup though.

The action on this guitar is amazing from the factory (it could've been the store that made it like this, I'm not sure). I love it though, I can easily do trills with my pinky. The pickups were adjusted to perfection, not too close, not too far. The top was bookmatched nicely, the "V" in the figure is easily noticable. The bridge properly routed. The only flaws on the guitar were a small crack in one of the horns and a piece of sawdust stuck under the clearcoat which don't really bother me.

I believe it was made in 2006 in Indonesia. It has a 24 jumbo fret Ibanez Wizard II neck and a solid top. It has a basswood body with an amber, flamed maple top. It has a Strat style body with an Ibanez Edge III, Floyd Rose licensed tremolo system. It has dual humbuckers controlled by a five-way selector Switch. It has an Ibanez INF3 (H) Neck pickup and an Ibanez INF4 (H) bridge pickup. It also comes with an Ibanez locking nut.