RG320 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Ibanez: RG320

Purchased from: craigslist

I found the guitar to be somewhat versatile. It was more suited to metal than blues of course, but the cleans were bearable. I'm not a fan of the stock pickups or the shit trem, but both are easily replaced if you have the money. The thin neck makes fast playing a breeze and I personally like the sound of most basswood guitars. I was running it through a Crate XT120 and a Boss ME50, but I haven't been able to play it through my Mesa yet.

I wish I knew a bit more about Ibanez trems when I purchased this guitar. If it was stolen in the state it was in after I bought it I probably would just be very pissed about losing $200, then I would go out and buy another Ibanez project guitar with a better trem. I love the neck, and the weight of the body, the trem is horrid though. It's made for a nice project guitar to get into electronics and what not.

The guitar could stand up Live playing if you either blocked the trem, or decided to be nice to it. There was rust on most of the screw and on parts of the trem, I don't know if that was from heavy usage or if the previous owner never cleaned it. I wouldn't use this guitar at a gig without backup (actually it makes a decent backup guitar if your nice one goes out). The finish is really really thick and durable so it should be good as long as you don't try throwing it at walls.

The previous owner had set up the guitar perfectly so it played great, I don't know what the factory setup was. The trem did fail on me after about a week of usage, but it was heavily used by the previous owner. If you do buy one of these I highly recommend replacing the trem with something of a bit higher quality.

I bought this 1999 made in Korea model for the reasonable price of $200 with a case and an uninstalled SD Invader with the intention to tear it apart and do something interesting with it. It has a 24 fret rosewood/maple neck with the Wizard 2 profile and nice Jumbo frets. Solid Basswood body with a ridiculously think finish. Mine was a boring metallic silver color. it's the usual Ibanez superstrat style with a TRS II licensed Floyd Rose tremolo, 5-way switch, 2 passive humbuckers, and (Gotoh) tuners.

McMetal
    i have this guitar and i thinks its ok. It doesnt play well with death metal and down tuned stuff but its okay
    violencekid9
    i like this guitar i own a DX model it good for metal but if your gonna down down i'd suggest a different guitar model