RG320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320

Price paid: C$ 350

This guitar really plays a wide range of genres from blues to metal. I go it because I wanted a heavier sound than my MIM Strat could provide. It has a nice growl on the bridge pup and the neck pup provides a softer sound for blues or even jazz. I am impressed with the bridge pick-up and use it for Zeppelin to Metallica music.

I have had many guitars and would put this above my beloved Fender mim Stratocaster. I simply love the action and the bridge humbucker. I am not sure about the finish but it seems fine. I think it would hold up on stage. I've been playing 10 years and this is definitely a nice guitar.

It is quite solid. I haven't used the whammy bar so I don't know how that would effect the tuning. It does have locking tuners though which should keep it in tune. I haven't had any tuning issues. I would want to have a back-up no matter what guitar I had but I think this is solid enough to with stand Live playing. I think I got my money's worth for $350 considering they were selling new for more than double. If it were stolen I would probably try another guitar. Accept for my accoustic I haven't found an electric that I am completely in love with.

This is where I was impressed the most. The action is very low and there is no buzz. It has better action than my mim Strat but it is also a more expensive guitar. The neck is thin smooth and fast. Great for fast licks. Ibanez make nice necks, better than my Strat

I bought it used. Made in Korea. 24 frets. Solid-body. Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-way selector switch, whammy (floating trem), H/H pickups, Passive electronics, Maple neck, basswood body, rosewood fretboard. General-purpose dark grey finish. "Super-Strat" double-cutaway, Floyd-Rose patent bridge by Ibanez, Locking tuners, Wizard II neck, thin carve, Dot inlays.