RG320 review by Ibanez

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Ibanez: RG320

Purchased from: Daddys Junky Music

Suits my style well but the pickups aren't the best. I'm thinking about switching them out for some emgs or seymour duncans. I'm using is with a 20 watt Fender practice amp which is a really cheap amp. Soon I'll be getting a new amp (don't know what yet) The veriety of guitar sounds are average but I bought this guitar for its distortion. The clean sound is o.k, but the distortion is great. It is very crunchy and meaty even with the stock pickups.

Overall, this guitar is great for jamming on. it's good for any rock style of music. It is a great guitar all around and I love the heavy sound you can get out of it, even with a horrible practice amp. If it were lost I'd probably buy something else though. I wish it had better pickups but the stock ones are fine. I wish it also had a better Floyd Rose. For the price this guitar is great. I recomend it to any young musician just starting out playing guitar.

This guitar will not stand Live playing. It works very well for jamming with but it would not hold up in a Live show. The strap buttons get lose after about a day or two of playing. I drop this guitar constantly and yet it hold up perfectly. Also, I've found my dog chewing on the knobs but they still work perfectly.

The guitar was set up good at the factory although the Floyd Rose isnt great quality. I find it still getting out of tune some how, and shortly after I about a month after I bought it I had to bring it back to the store to get the action set up. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it.

Ibanez wizard II neck, which is very fast and fluint. Includes a licensed Floyd Rose. Solid body with 2 stock Ibanez humbuckers. (not sure witch ones) Ebony fretboard, white binding around the neck, lightning bolt inlays and 24 frets. One volume knob and one tone. 5 way selector switch. Standard Ibanez headstock. Mine is dark maroone with black hardware.

jjsharp
    I have just bought the rg320EX version and it is amazing!!! i reccomend and ibanez to any guitarist especially hard rock/metal the best guitar choice i have made!!!!
    Heideck
    you can easily found it used and in good shape now for around 300$ or less. Great guitar and you can play lower tunig no problem but it's possible you'll need a set up
    ollie.ahokas
    I got mine as intended spare parts for a another guitars. I can say that it was worth a 300 km drive to get this baby. The owner was a 16 year old kid who had no idea of how to string these guitars with a Floyd Rose. It had just a couple too heavy strings on and was unplayable but it was a steal bargain. On my way back home I bought a set of super slinkies to it, res strung it and tweeked it a bit. Three hours later i plugged it in and noticed i could easily hold a note for a 30 secs anywhere on the neck, in other words, it was not to be cannibalized. My guitar is and was a 1987 vintage RG 550 but the 2004 model 2004 is played quite often after I recently fixed the older RG too. It is my main guitar when I want to play metal or hard rock and thanks to the split pickups it does get along pretty sharply to more mellow bits. Mine is one with flamed maple top on the body and looks as great as it sounds. There is a bit of humming so I am planning to add some kind of isolation to kill it. Strange enough it does deliver more powerful sound compare the 550. I love the design of RG.s, they are usually very welll balanced instruments and quite comfortable to play. Only thing I am missing is a maple fretboard as I am so used to it. In all a great instrument for those who are past their first electric as it takes a while to restring it compared to a guitar with any guitar without a whammy. I use still super slinkys on it (0.09.s and up). And it is a rugged one too. One great feature is the Ibanez version of Floyd Rose which is build to last. have a pre Jackson Charvel Strat with a weeker whammy which broke down after afew months, while on my both Active RG.s they work perfectly. Only thing that has broke on both guitars is the whammy arm which is easy to replace and not costing more than few bucks. I love it and will never sale any of them. Next Project is to fix a beaten up Rg 550 and the earlier mentioned Charver strat... The 320 cost me some estimated 300 bucks, while the local guitar store had a new one from same year and same finish for 800...
    Cyskin
    I Have The Rg 320dx korea if you give it a good setup you can play anything n a have no problems with lower tunings