RG320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Year it was made, no clue.

• 24 frets.
  • Solid top
  • Body: Some kind of wood, same with neck.
  • Finish: Paint
  • Bridge: Floyd Rose.
  • Passive electronics
  • Volume, tone and 3-way
  • Body and Bridge pick ups, factory
  • Locking tremolo
  • Case, strap, copper pipe, tuner, wire cutters, capo
What else can I say about this Ibanez? It's black except for the neck. The machine heads are black as well. The Floyd Rose has a universal problem. The nut that holds the whammy bar loosens on my from time to time.

The two songs I uploaded has a different guitar on Rain and Asylum. I bought this Ibanez RG series for the two bands I'm in. Original price on this make and model guitar is around 500.00. This is not my first Ibanez. I like the feel of the neck and it's tone. I use several amps, to record I use a Tube Driver. For church I use a Fender 85 and for the rock band, I use a Marshall AVT275 Valvestate 2000 Combo Amp & Pedal. The guitar sounds great as long as it is grounded. What kind of sounds? Many, clean. More with overdrive and with my effects processor a great many sounds.

The Factory setting? I bought it at a Pawn Shop, it was way out of wack. Sounds really good, now. I Lowered the action, intonation and properly set up. Pickups are set where I want them. The guitar has been played by me for about 2 years and there is one chip on the body, other then that there are no flaws except the loosening nut holding the whammy bar.

This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware looks good. Slightly rusted from my sweat the screws and the medal on the pickups. The strap buttons are solid. Because it has a Floyd Rose tremolo locking system, I bring a back up for a potential string breaking. It takes more then 3 minutes to replace a string and a half hour for all 6 strings and then stretching and then playing it for 2 more hours to stretch the strings, then it's ready for a show. I'd rather play my back up, it works good enough. The finish will last.

For the style of music I playб it is the right fit for me. I have been playing guitar for 36 years, bass guitar for 32 years, I have been singing professionally for about 6 years. I play the keys as filler. I play the drums as well. Guitar and bass are the instruments I write and compose music with. I own 2 bass guitars, 3 electric guitars, a drum set, electronic drum kit (doesn't work needs a new brain), I own a keyboard. 2 PA's and about 8 mikes and stands. No regrets. I would buy the same or something similar. It's a material object, I don't love it or hate it. It is a tool that my fingers and brain use to convey my feelings and intentions to the audience. Other guitars sound good, and if I were asked to use someone else's guitar, I usually bitch about the action and the deadness of the strings or the overall tone of the instrument and if they leave it with me for a night, it will be fitted to my taste. Don't leave your instruments with me, I will fix 'em. I chose this instrument because I like how it feels in my hands. The only thing I would change is the placement of the volume knob. I've gotten use to it where it is but for a while I kept hitting it when I strum aggressively.