RG320DXQM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320DXQM

This guitar suits my music style. I play metal, and this is a great guitar to use with stamdar tuning and drop D. I can keep my Schecter even lower, it is a baritone. I am using a 1983 American Peavey, with a DOD Death Metal Distorsion, which isn't that good and I will replace for a Digitech Metal Master. I was surprised to find that the clean sound of this guitar is very rich and thick at the same time, and distorted sounds even better. Very versatile instrument.

I play mostly nu-metal and old school metal as well, including Sepultura, Slayer and Movimiento Zurdok. I have been playing since I was a highschool freshman, I'm a senior now, I own a classical Fender Acoustic, another Ibanez GRX, my Schecter, and this brand new Ibanez. I compared this guitar with a LTD, which was a lot cheaper, 199, I read other user reviews on both instruments and the Ibanez seemed much better. I wish it had a case!

I'm sure this guitar will withstand live, the color on the hardware is very nice, it's like charcoal, it might wear off, but it will still look good, the strap buttons, very solid, the only back up needed is my baritone Schecter to play any song lower than C.

The guitar was not very well set up, I had to go over the manual to tune it and set the tremolo and the locking tuners up, everything else was just fine, Koreans aren't so bad after all.

It is a 2004 RG series, Made in Korea, it has 24 jumbo frets, very comfortable to play. Basswood, a gorgeous quilted maple top, transparent gray, edge pro tremolo, very similar to a floyd rose, volume and tone, 5 way selector, locking tuners, it came inside the original Ibanez box, with a set of wrenches and a nice black cord. No case included too bad.