RG320DXQM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320DXQM

This guitar suits my style, since I play alot of shred metal and stuff. It has a fast neck for smooth runds. Neck doesn't seem to resonate as much as a better one, but it is fair.

I've been playing for about 6 years, and this has been a good axe to me. I recieved this as a gift, but if I could have gone back, I would have probably asked for an RG that was a step up from this one, but it is just fine for the price. If you can get it set up right, it will treat you good.

I've played this thing live a few times, plays just fine. The cable jack gets loose sometimes, but thats nothin'. It's a very dependable axe if you have it set up right. Has issues if it's not.

The set up was no good. Took 4 months to get this thing in shape. Trem was totally jacked up. Taking it to guitar center didn't help, the guy actually messed it up more! (Never get your guitar fixed at Austin Guitar Center). Anyways, after I was able to set the tremelo and action it plays well, and I can dive and all that without coming out of tune. The pickups are ok too, they are not noisy or anything, but I'm going to get some hotter ones.

This Ibanez is a 2000 model, made in Korea. It has 24 fret with jumbo frets, and a rosewood neck. Lavender quilt top finish is beautiful. Wood really shows through nice on the back. This model has a licensed floyd rose as compared to the newer ones having edge pro trems.

OneLastSaluteFW
    I have one of these, but I can't finger tap on this guitar at all when I can on my Strat. Is it the pickups or should I adjust the action? (i already made the action the lowest possible without fretbuzz but its still kinda high on the higher frets) But the pickups do seem to squeal a bit since theyre kinda loose, it could be my amp speaker though
    vengance302
    I bought one of these, and it is a never-ending problem. It's a year old, and it's already been re-fretted once, and the neck pickup has a short. I would not not not buy this.
    LucasGtrGod
    i have this guitar, it is really awesome, one of the best guitars i've ver played, there is a slight fret buzz, and for osme reason the screws on the pickups liike ot ocme loose, but other than that it is great
    vengance302
    Drop your saddle in a little bit. Also, you have to realize that the neck has almost no curve in it. A strat has a very curved neck. I would say to use a pick in your right hand while you tale.
    Godderz_24
    uhm i've got an ibanez rg320dx? im not sure really how different it is but i got it used and its got pretty decent tone and playability, its my main guitar atm. Needs pickups replacing though, ibanez/duncans are pretty crap... SH4s ftw!
    Gitter_Wizard
    I have one of these and it is everything i could ask for in a metal guitar. Great quality and cheap. I dont know how they can make them thise cheap!