RG320DXQM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320DXQM

Purchased from: Ebay

I play mostly hard rock/classic rock/metal. This guitar suits that well, almost flawlessly. Its bridge pickup handles high gain beautifully to pull of some awesome Metallica licks, and some amazing Dimebag like pinches, while it's neck can match Slashes tone well. Even on the clean setting this guitar could probably rival the single coil properties of a Strat. Even though this guitar was built for metal, you can get a really good clean tone. I'm using the guitar through a Crate MX65R. It sounds great. No noise at all. It has a nice full sound, not like some crappy, tinny, sound some guitars have. The guitar, being fitted with a Floyd Rose, has a lot of variety. Satch songs and Vai sounds will sound great, assuming you can actually do that stuff.

Like I said I play harder rock to metal, and this guitar was built for that. I've been playing for close to a year now, this being my second guitar. I also own an ESP LTD EC-50. That is alright, but this blows it out of the water. If this guitar was stolen I would hunt the person down Who stole and well I'd do something horrible to them, I'll leave it at that. I have no regrets about buying this guitar. I've played plenty of guitars before (I like sitting in Guitar Center or my local store and just playing what they have) and this guitar is easily as good as some that would cost up to 2 or 3 times more. The only thing I wish it had was one of those sweet Monkey grips that the JEM and Bad Horsie guitar have. But that would be greedy.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing. This guitar is built to last. This guitar could probably take a beating worse than I could, but if you know me, probably wouldn't be that hard. The strap buttons are solid and are fine, but I have one of those Planet Waves locking straps so it doesn't really matter that much. I would definately gig without a back up, but if a string broke you're plum out of luck, seeing as how changing strings is kinda slow. I'm not sure if you guys know the Herman Li "Break a String Noise," but this guitar can do that and stay in-tune without breaking. Finish is good, but seeing as it is chipped, it might not be as durable as I would like to think.

The slight downside to this guitar. When I got it (I bought it off of Ebay) the action was too low on the higher strings. This caused some of the higher notes to not actually make any sound because of the string hitting the higher frets slightly. This was quickly adjusted with some allen key work. The finish is beautiful, but since it was bought secondhand, and it's 17 years old, there is a slight chip in the paint right next to the bridge. This is hardly noticeable. Other than, there were no problems at all.

This Ibanez was made in 1990 in Korea. It has 24 frets with sharkfin inlays on a rosewood fretboard. Laminated top, basswood body. Satin finish, in a nice bloody red color. Typical RG body shape, Super Strat style or like a Jackson dinky. It has a Edge Pro II bridge with double locking system. 2 Passive Ibanez Humbucking Pickups. 5-way selector switch, 1 volume, 1 tone. not sure of the kind of tuners. I got it off of ebay and it came with a tuner/metronome, gig bag, hell load of picks, strap, and a small 15 watt Fender amp.

Slipgod
    i have one and i bought (had to) a licenced FR and im going to put Seymours on this and i should be pretty satisfied after that i just have the DX model but almost the same thing so yeah i bought it from ebay and it was missing the top parts of the FR so i had to replace basically after im done itll be my custom =) it will have crome hardware w/ blk finish wich will look nice thanks for reading this far