RG320PG-P1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG320PG-P1

Purchased from: GAK (Guitar, amp and keyboard)

My style revolves mainly around metal and rock, with a fair amount of paul gilbert shred and some more traditional stuff. It actually handles these quite well with the INF's giving a good soloing sound on the bridge and a nice clean sound when the neck is parrallel connected. There is minimal noise from the pickups but they are fairly low output meaning a fair amount of Drive is needed to attain a screaming soloing sound. All in all however, I would say that this guitar suits my needs to a reasonably good degree.

This guitar is a good match for me. I play it through a Vox vt50 and the tone is brilliant. Having played guitar for four years now I know to always try out a guitar before ordering and ask about it and I liked everything I heard. If it were stolen I owuldn't get another simply because the price has gone up since Ibanez discontinued the range. I would probably get an RG350DX or something simmilar. Nonetheless this is a brilliant guitar with an awesome finish.

The edge III gets a lot of bad press but I can't really fault it, it stays in tune for hours and hours of brutal tremolo madness and seems to be pretty tough as far as finish goes. The strap buttons are as solid as they come. I would never think of using this guitar without a backup, simply because noone in their right mind would ever use floyd bridge guitar without a backup.

The guitar was bought from GAK who had clearly taken time to set it up proffesionally meaning action and intonation were spot on. All hardware was in a great condition, not a speck of rust or paint flaking. The finish is incredibly strong and would take a real beating to damage, despite the soft basswood body.

Mine was made in indonesia in 2008. It has a basswood body, as is the Tradition for Ibanez, and a paper graphic top. Up clos the paper graphic looks like painted sawdust but also displays striking graffiti-like warning signs. The neck is Maple with a rosewood fretboard bearing sharktooth inlays. It has a traditional Rg shape with an edge III bridge and Infinity 3 & 4 pickups linked to a fiveway switch-blade with tone and volume pots. It comes with a lead, tremolo arm and set of allen keys.

Weybl Himself
    Swap out those pickups and it would probably be a decent little shred machine, decent bang for buck. But what the hell is with Ibanez and stupidly long model names? Simplify man!
    JohnMerrick
    its a really good bang for the buck and the pups are really not that bad... some duncans would really make that a great axe is it a set neck ?
    celticstorm84
    I used to have one of these way back when, model name was just RG320. It was red and the trem wasn't quite what they are now. Great guitar overall and as my first electric it lasted me a long time. I'd agree the pickups need help but a quick swap and it'll be fine.
    Nick184
    I played this guitar a while back, i hate the neck...feels so square compared to other ibanez
    Demonikk
    I always browse past these on guitar websites and click the tiny thumbnail because I think it looks cool, then get heartbroken when I see a close-up of that shitty graphic finish